NiJyuu-Ni ~ Regrets

22- Regrets

- - - - - -

Sasuke saw everything.

From the moment Sayuri, Ino, and Sakura approached the cafeteria to the point where Kiba had kissed Sayuri on the cheek before walking to his usual table. His eyes never left them the whole time he witnessed the situation. Sasuke didn't know why he was left in a daze after seeing Kiba getting even friendlier with Sayuri. In a way, he was angry.

Sasuke felt as if he and Sayuri never broke up at all, considering the fact that at some point he thought Sayuri was cheating on him when he heard her agree to going to the winter dance with Kiba. Sasuke kept questioning himself on why he was suddenly affected by Kiba finally making his move on not just any other girl, but his own ex-lover.

He tried taking in what had just happened earlier, leaving him staring into space until he felt himself being shaken by his current girlfriend. Sasuke immediately shook his head and turned to look at the redhead.

Karin smiles up at him as she laid her head on his shoulder. "Naruto's trying to ask you something," she mutters.

"Yeah!" Naruto had a scowl on his face by the time Sasuke finally acknowledged his presence. "I was asking you if you knew any girl in our class that would go with me to the dance, but it seems like you were too busy staring at--"

"How about Hinata?" Sasuke butted in before Naruto could even finish.

It seemed like Karin and Suigetsu finally caught on to what Naruto was going to say before Sasuke interrupted him. Karin's smile immediately went away as soon as she realized that Sasuke had been staring at Sayuri. Her anger soon returned, but she took a deep breath, calming herself down before Sasuke found out that she was pissed off. Suigetsu, on the other hand, sat there with a smirk on his face. A smirk.

Obviously, he and Karin didn't think the same way about this situation.

~*~

As Sasuke lied down on his bed, preparing to fall into his dream state, he couldn't help but look back at what he saw at the cafeteria. Somehow, he couldn't accept the fact that Sayuri was going to the winter dance with Kiba. At some point, he didn't worry about Kiba winning Sayuri's heart because, being the egotistical person he was, he believed that Sayuri was still in-love with him even after all he had put her through. That night was when reality had struck him.

'Of course she wasn't going to be into me after what I did. Use some logic, Sasuke!'

He remembered breaking the news to Itachi a month ago. He remembered telling Itachi that he and Sayuri had broken up a while ago when Itachi was asking him why he hadn't seen Sayuri in a long time. Sasuke remembered seeing Itachi with a distraught look on his face the moment he took everything in.

"It was your fault, wasn't it?" Itachi calmly stated him.

Sasuke remembered shouting back in response to Itachi's accusation. "She kept hanging around with that mutt!"

"That doesn't necessarily mean that she was cheating on you! And besides, who broke up with who?"

"Sayuri broke up with me."

"Why?"

"Because I--" he remembered stuttering at that moment. "I was defending this girl named Karin."

To cut it short, Itachi wasn't very understanding when he heard the reason why they broke up. Sasuke didn't get scolded by him. Itachi just stayed quiet, but Sasuke knew that he was disappointed in him.

Sasuke didn't care about what Itachi thought about the story, since at that time, he was too angry to even recognize what Itachi was trying to tell him. But as he looked back to that day, he now only had one thought in his mind.

'Am I regretting my decision of going with Karin?'

He sighed as he laid on his side, trying once again to get some shut-eye. As Sasuke nearly reached his subconscious state, he found himself shouting out in his mind, "What have I done?"