NiJyuu ~ Hate

20- Hate

- - - - - -

You could say that I was worried.

Sakura kept complaining on how I was walking too fast. I didn't bother responding back to her statements; I kept on walking down the long hallway in search of a familiar door. After what seemed like forever, I walked quickly through the doorway leading to the nurse's office, leaving a distraught Sakura trailing right behind me.

Without giving the nurse a reason why I barged inside of the office, I ran over to Ino at the first sight of her, not noticing that there were other students in here as well. She was holding an ice-pack by her right cheekbone as she leaned back on the chair she sat on. I bent down on my knees to meet her height, looking at her with a surprised expression.

"So... you got into a fight," she nodded at my statement. I sighed, unaware that I had slapped my right thigh with my hand in frustration. "This was what you were talking about when you said that I would see them in pain? Literal pain?!"

"Hey, they deserved it," Ino scoffed. She looks away from me, letting her fringe cover one side of her face.

"They?" I heard Sakura say a little louder than usual. "Are you saying that you got in a fight with Sasuke too?"

I stand up, furrowing my eyebrows as I turned my head to look at Sakura. Before I could say anything in response to her question, a familiar voice beats me to it. "Like Ino would be strong enough to leave me with bruises."

'Sasuke.' I looked at where he sat from the corners of my eyes-- on a chair behind me, one that was the closest to the exit. He was indeed beaten up pretty badly. I could have sworn that I saw a black eye on him when he moved his ice-pack away from his eye for a moment before placing it back. His bottom lip looked as if it were swelling, and I could see cuts on his arms. 'Ino couldn't have possibly caused this...'

Ino shot up and shouted at him, snapping me out of my daze. "Baka! Look what I did to Karin! You don't think that I can do the same to you too?"

Just as I did to Sasuke, I looked over at Karin for a moment. Same condition that Sasuke was in.

"I would have done something to prevent her from getting hurt if that mutt hadn't stopped me."

At that name, I whipped my head to look back at Ino. "Wait a minute. You're saying that--"

"Yes, Yuri-chan," Ino butted in. "I didn't fight Sasuke. Kiba did... and then Hidan eventually joined in. But no worries. He's not seriously hurt or anything."

"Who isn't seriously hurt?"

"Hidan, and that's why he isn't here right now," She looks at me with sorrow-filled eyes, making me worry even more. "But Kiba... well... sorta the opposite..."

At that reply, I took a deep breath and began making my way into another room (where the nurse treated the sick/injured). I heard myself mumble a faint 'oh no' before Sasuke decided to make things worse.

"Yeah. Go ahead. Run over to your little boyfriend. You're only proving me right."

As I walked out of the waiting room, I turned my head, briefly looking at Sasuke before I yelled at him as loud as my lungs allowed me to. "Shut up, Uchiha!"

The room got quiet after that, leaving me to walk into the other room in peace. I nearly stopped on my tracks, but ended up slowing down once I saw Kiba lying down on the bed as the nurse treated him with medicine. He hadn't noticed me walk in until I sat on the bed by his side. I saw him looking up at me, and his gaze on me remained as the nurse finished treating him.