NiJyuu-Kyuu ~ Sayuri's decision

29- Sayuri's decision

- - - - - -

I ended up oversleeping.

Sakura and Ino walked to my house and from outside, they found my head resting on my forearm against my room window. According to them, they shouted out at me from outside, attempting to wake me up. It didn't work, making them resort into throwing stones at my window. I was lucky I woke up before Ino decided that she'd be the one to throw the next stone. She would have shattered the glass if I hadn't woken up on time.

As soon as I realized that I only had seven minutes to get ready, I forced myself up on the seat, not minding the soreness of my body from my sleeping position last night. I quickly freshened up in the bathroom and changed into a decent outfit before putting on my leather jacket and backpack. I walked out of the house with a frantic look on my face without bothering to say goodbye to my mother first.

This was not a good start of an important day like this.

When the three of us were walking on the sidewalk, approaching the school, I saw a familiar black car slowly drive past me. I nearly stopped breathing once I realized that it was Sasuke's car, and at first glimpse of the driver, I saw the Uchiha flash a small smile at me before turning to the parking lot.

That wasn't it. When Sakura, Ino, and I reached the doors, Kiba was leaning on the brick wall with his head bowed down and his eyes closed. His hands were stuffed in his pants pocket. And I add the fact that he was wearing a black leather jacket as well, but left it open, leaving a view of his white t-shirt. It was as if he were one of those actors on a soap opera. When he realized that I was coming, he lifted his head up. He gave me a side smile before looking away, presumably looking for his friends.

These two guys were certainly not making this any easier for me.

I sighed in frustration. I was definitely not prepared to say my answer without breaking one's heart because I actually liked both of them, and it killed me to see that certain someone so heartbroken because of me.

Eventually, I shrugged it off. The best I could do right now was to avoid eye contact with either of the two until the doors opened. I had to prepare myself to tell them who I wanted to be with when we got to class.

~*~

When I took the long way to the class, I realized how much I had been stalling the boys to keep myself from saying my answer. I know it was unfair to them, but what else can I do? I don't know how to deal with this situation, and I highly doubt that anyone I knew had been through the same thing.

I took a deep breath as I approached Kakashi's classroom, and I was surprised to see the door open even though the staff had just let the students in a minute ago. Either Kakashi-sensei was early for once in his career of teaching or we were having a substitute today. Oh well. Either way, it didn't matter to me right now.

As I walked inside of the classroom, I noticed how seemingly empty it was. Other than Temari and her two brothers, no other student was here. I hoped that Sakura and Ino weren't angry at me for leaving them in the crowd. Eh, I'm sure they understand why I had to leave them, or at least I hope they do.

I was about to walk up the stairs, and that was when Temari acknowledged my presence. As soon as she opened her mouth to greet me, two masculine voices called out my name from behind me, making me stop before I took a step on the stairs. I took a deep breath as I realized that now was the time for me to make my decision. Now was the time for me to break someone's heart and make the other person happy. All because of one simple answer.

I turned around, and the two boys that stood before me looked at me with eyes full of curiosity and hope. They didn't have to repeat the question; they knew that I knew what they meant.

It all comes down to my answer. It's either I start over with Sasuke or I give Kiba a chance with my heart.

Should I start over or give a chance?

I looked down at my feet, shutting my eyes tightly. "I thought about everything these past few weeks. And I realized that..."

I lifted my head up, putting on an emotionless look as I looked from Kiba to Sasuke. At that moment, I stated my answer.

Author's Note: So... this may confuse you a bit. There are actually two endings. If you want Sayuri to end up with Sasuke, go to the chapter titled 'Starting over'. If you want her to end up with Kiba, go to the chapter titled 'Giving a chance'. Happy reading!