Chapter 38: Betrayed

Garrie received the first feeler. He was shocked by what he saw and by instinct, called up Raffie and Joey. They met up outside the city in disguise. He showed them the video in a park under the shade of a big acacia and made sure that no one was near them.

Whoever recording the scene entered the room because Sarah acknowledged the person's presence. She was walking in the room wrapped with a sheet. The camera was somewhere where there was a mesh as it was very visible. Perhaps a shirt pocket? But it's location seemed to be lower... a front pant pocket? But what about the mesh? A skirt pocket?

The second body was asleep in prone position ( chest flat, back up). He was loosely covered with a bed sheet but obviously unclothed. There was a pile of clothes in one corner and empty bottles on top of the dresser. The room was in complete disarray. A lot of action took place in this room. The next seconds were still the same. Nothing that's really explosive. The person was retrieving something from the floor, champagne glasses. The next scene was from the bathroom going to the main room. They all stopped breathing for a while. Sarah was beside the still sleeping Paix and she was caressing his back at first, then lowered down her face and kissed his back. It was very intimate. The videographer was satisfied and covered the camera with some towel. A few seconds later, the screen went black.

No one said a word. They underestimated whoever took this.

"Who sent you this?'' Raffie asked Garrie.

"I don't know. I found this USB in my mailbox at GE."

"Who else knows about this Garrie?'' Joey was interrogating him and Garrie felt the distrust.

"I don't like the way you're asking me Joey. My only difference with both of you is my employer but when it comes to loyalty, you cannot question mine. But to answer your question, you and Raffie were the first persons I told about this...not even Paix knows about this video."

Joey realized his fault and apologized right away.

" Do you believe in the authenticity of this video Garrie?'

''I wish I can say No but it looked real to me. It may not be the real story which the video suggested but I'll say that this is a bomb... an explosive one. Whether something happened between them or nothing at all, I can see CJ being the one hurt here... maybe both of them. Yes, possibly both of them.

That night, Garrie went to see Paix at his condo. Paix listened to Garrie as he relayed what he received that day. Garrie can't believe what his ward was capable of doing until he saw his right knuckle bleeding. He just punched the glass table in his condo.