Chapter 68: Convergence

In the next six months, CJ's life was redirected. She was already in Canada when she understood her feelings for Paix. It wasn't sympathy that brought him back to Paix's life. It was her love for him that never faltered all these years.

"But I know that I don't deserve your love anymore because I am not as strong as you are.

You took the bullets for me and my siblings while I took the high road as soon as I thought that you cheated on me."

The news about the conviction of Clara Soriano Galloway and all the top management staff of Galloway Enterprises were another life changing news for the Bretts children. But most of all, they finally were able to understand how their parents' lives were taken. They finally grieved for their passing.

CJ felt anxious and fearful when she received the documents from a lawyer detailing the massive GE properties and businesses that they have inherited as they now know the truth, that they are the grandchildren of George Galloway, the sole owner of the Galloway Enterprises. CJ read night after night the court case that covered years and years of criminal activities for Clara and Sarah to remain in control of the enterprise.

When she came to the details of how Paix got involved in the investigation, she read it carefully and thoroughly. She wept and wept while reading the complete statement from the guard who was the first and last person to see Paix while in captivity. In addition she also read Garrie's description of Paix's when he finally picked –him up from the catacomb, the doctor's statement on Paix's mental status after rescue and the months of treatment that followed, as well as Pedrosa  and Jose on the night that Paix was brought to Batanes.