❞How she'd live easily now...?

A/N: Press on the star button and review in the comment section to let me know how much you loved reading this chapter.

Video Attached: 'O Rangrez' Acoustic version by Sanah Moidutty ft. Clinton Charles.

The original version from Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was already my favourite but this deserves recognition. I love Sanah's voice, ethereal tbh.

 I love Sanah's voice, ethereal tbh

4. How she'd live easily now...?

°°°

As she heard her father's grunting voice, she rubbed her eyes and opened them. It wasn't her father's large frame that covered her vision but that lad, who sat beside her father.

Aww!

She secretly tittered.

She knew her father to fibers and nerves and had guessed perfectly that he would allow no one to sit on his reserved seat. And she'd always been one hundred percent right in her assumption about her father.

Earlier, she wanted to warn him about the reservation, but then there wouldn't have been any fun in that.

She stared at him, trying to sense his mood. He hadn't argued like all those boys who normally shoved their attitude at Mukesh Agnihotri- her strict-looking father. Yes, just strict-looking because he was the total opposite of it, an absolute cutie-pie who loved everyone around him.

Instead, that guy quietly sat in a corner, looking back at her with his impossibly black eyes, so dark that she felt a strange pull towards him. A flash of something crossed in his eyes but before she could comprehend, it disappeared.

She shook her head and directed her eyes at her caring father, "Baba, I asked you something, didn't I?"

Her father made funny faces as he adjusted his glasses- he was recently diagnosed with hypermetropia and wanted to get rid of annoying spectacles.

Sighing heavily, she leaned forward and corrected his frames, "There, it's fine now.", to which he gave a nonchalant shrug.

"I was in search of this.", he eyed the two cups in his hand, "Drink.", it was a flat order.

"As I said, I--"

"It cost me five rupees, I am not going to throw it!", her ever-stingy father exclaimed while forcibly passing a cup to her.

"Okay, I'll drink. Calm down.", she accepted that cup with no hesitation.

What? One would be crazy to refuse a cup of tea!

Sipping from her cup, she noticed a faint orange stain on her father's shirt- just near his collar, "It shouldn't have taken..." she glanced at her thin leather belted wristwatch, "...nearly forty-three minutes, just to buy two cups of tea, Baba.", she raised an accusing brow at him