❞How he'd survive now...?

A/N: Vote and Comment, this is the only way to show your love for this chapter... wait... umm you can also message me ;)

Video Attached: 'Gulabi Ankhen' by Raghav Sachar. One of my favorites again!

 One of my favorites again!

5. How he'd survive now...?

°°°

He loved it when his mother scolded him and called him a little kid, even then he would tease her, always, and this indeed was one of those times when he acted to be angry at her.

When he'd arrived at Kamptee last month, it was like a festival. Everyone celebrated his success party, even Veer Satyajit Singh, his strict father who'd never praised- scratch it- who'd never said a word of appreciation to him, had beamed like never.

And that had fulfilled his heart's desire- to see his father smiling, as that was what he'd always wanted to earn.

But his mother was nowhere to be found then and was not there to welcome him with her warm hug. He'd been informed then, that his mother had traveled to Nagpur, to filter out an ideal bride for her firstborn.

For sure, his brother would get a perfect wife. Why not? Being an attorney in the top law firm of Mumbai had made him a catch, a perfect eligible bachelor. Every parent desired to have a well-settled man to be their son-in-law, where the well-settled term meant only three jobs- government officials, doctors, and engineers. So, it wouldn't be a tough thing for his mother to find an ideal Sanskari Bahu.

But what about him?

He hated it when any of his aunts or uncles congratulated him for his decision to compete for UPSC, he knew the underlying meaning beneath their wishes. He was not doing this to get any idealistic woman in his life, he hated to be part of the marriage mart.

It was his dream to handle law and justice, just like his brother. It'd never crossed his mind that eventually he'd marry a woman and settle down- which was a fixed final destination for each Indian middle-class man- as he never thought of it as a necessity, as he found no girl that enchanting to dream about to be his wife.

He was comforting his heart with all the said justification when his eyes met hers again, they betrayed him again and he groaned mentally. He found himself wondering why he wanted to see her again and again and again and... Was it attraction? No.

It wasn't just infatuation, he felt more than that. He felt her endearing in many ways.

She wasn't just innocent but smart- the confidence in her eyes had shown it all; not only loving but caring and feisty- the way she had chided the duplicate version of Viru Sahastrabuddhe, her father for eating a freaking samosa proved it all; not only beautiful but angelic- her simplicity said it all.