What?

"Tell me why I am missing the Vampire Diaries Finale for this?" Dev asked obviously agitated.

"What? That's on tonight? Wait- never mind about that. This is serious." My train of thought returned back on track.

Dev and I were a few houses down from the devil's sanctuary. I had a glorious idea, but I needed Dev's help to accomplish it.

"Okay, whats the plan?" Dev asked in a whisper as we were hiding in a neighbors bushes.

"Remember in freshman year how Roman would always torture me for having boxes of fudge in my locker that I got from the Girl Ranger Club, and he would take and eat them for himself? Yea, well we are going to give him what he wants." My smile was filled with evil, and I loved it.

Dev took the Aunt Stacie's Flamin' Hot Spicy Sauce  and filled each fudge square. We placed them onto a plate, and wrote a fake note from the Girl Ranger Club thanking him for his membership. We quickly ran to his front steps, rang the doorbell, and jumped into the bushes that were nearby. I couldn't help but grin when I heard the front door open.

Roman was standing in the doorway with grey sweatpants hanging low on his hips showing the perfect V-lines he managed obtain. Did I mention that he was also shirtless.

Seriously.

I forgot how Greek-god sculpted he was. His abs looked like bricks, and his arms were evenly muscled as well. I haven't really looked at him since he returned, but I noticed the brown stubble he had on his face, along with his ruffled brown hair. Making his eyes cold, potent, grey eyes gleam.

"Woah." Dev accidentaly slip thinking the same thing I was.

Puberty, you get a gold medal.

My hand found my mouth as he picked up the plate of fudge and smiled. He took one fudge square and put the whole thing in his mouth, only to scream like a girl and spit it out. I couldn't hold in my laughter. I fell over in the bush and held my stomach, laughing until tears were running down my cheeks. I heard a loud grunt and hard feet slamming onto the pavement.

Shit.

"Is that you Mayson?" He yelled with fury as I heard his steps coming closer to the bush. I pushed Dev out first and was about to run away, until I felt my hair being pulled back. I fell to the floor, twisting my ankle and smacking the back of my head to the floor. The world was spinning, and black spots were filling my vision. Roman pulled me up by the arm and pushed my back to the side of his house. "Are you trying to fucking kill me?" Roman spat.

"Of... course... not." My mouth found it hard to open.

Damn, I really hit my head.

"Then why did you put nuts in the fudge?" He squeezed my arm harder, making me wince in pain.

"Nuts?" I breathed out. Then I remembered that the fudge squares did have nuts in them. "I... didn't know... you were allergic... to.... nuts." I found it hard to breathe, and Roman was spinning wildly.

"Well, now you fucking know. If I ate one fudge square I would be dead." His voice was harsh, and his grip was creating a bruise on my arm.

"The... hot sauce...." I got out.

"I love spicy food. Nice try, try again Mayson." Roman's smile was tainted, and then disappeared. "Shit, what's wrong with you?" I tried to say something but the beating in my head drowned everything out. My eyes started to flutter and my ankle, and body gave out. As I was falling, I felt two strong hands grasp my body, and then everything was black.

~

A strong smell of smoke woke me up coughing. I didn't sit up right away because my head still throbbed. I felt like I was laying down on something, so I swung my legs off and tried to stand up. I tripped over my legs and landed to the wall as the world kept spinning.

"Easy there." I felt hands grab my arm gently and pull me back to the bed. I put my hands to my forehead and groaned again. "I think you have a concussion, but I'm not a doctor so you should get that checked out." The raspy voice spoke again. I opened my eyes half way to see soft, grey eyes stare me back.

They look really pretty.

I opened my eyes wider to see the full face of the pretty saver.

Holy shit.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled as I jumped back onto the bed, breathing heavy. I was in the devil's room. I was in his house. "What did you do to me? Oh my god, am I dead? Why am I here? Holy fucking- I'm in your house! This isn't happening, this can't be happening!" I was starting to hyperventilate again.

At least he was wearing a shirt...

"Hey! Chill the fuck out Dorothy, you're still in Kansas." Roman handed me a glass of water.

"That was the worst line ever, and I will not drink anything you give me. How will I know if there is a toxic in that?" I said back.

"First of all, I'm funny as hell. Second, I'm not trying to kill you Mayson. You actually hit your head really bad." He said calmly.

"Wait... you... helped  me?" I asked confused.

"Is that so hard to believe?" Roman's voice was back to being angry.

"YES!" I exclaimed. "We...We are sworn enemies since the beginning of time! An enemy does not help and enemy! Its in the rule book! DIDN'T YOU READ THE RULE BOOK!" I yelled.

"Okay," Roman placed his hand on my head, "You seriously hit your head. I'm taking you to the hospital." Roman took my hand and pulled me up from the bed. An electrical spark zipped through my hand, and I released his quickly, making me fall again. Then I saw something I didn't think I would see in my lifetime.

Roman Quinn laughed.

At me, but, he still laughed. He held his hand out to help me up, and without even knowing, I took it. He pulled me up from the floor and wrapped his arm around my waist. Only then did I know that my ankle hurt like a bitch.

What the hell is going on. I must be dead because this CAN"T be happening!

Roman walked me down the stairs and helped me into his red truck.

"Why?" I asked when he climbed into the car, and put the ignition on.

"Why what?" He asked normally as he pulled off from his house.

"You know what. Helping me... when I almost killed you, for which I am dearly sorry because I actually didn't know you were allergic to nuts and even though I hate you I think I wouldn't live with myself if I killed you! Your horrible and mean and revolting and we are sworn enemies but I wouldn't kill you!" I explained in one breath.

"If that's your way of an apology, I accept." He smiled.

"What is wrong with you Quinn!" I yelled, making Roman produce a confused look on his face. "You aren't supposed to be nice to me! We are supposed to hate each other! I don't... I don't understand." I eased down in my seat.

"I do hate you Mayson, I hate you very much. But just like you said, I wouldn't want to hurt you or kill you in your case." He smiled again, and I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful smile.

Yup, I really needed to go to the hospital.

Once at the General Hospital, Roman asked if we could see a doctor for my head and ankle. We were given one right away, and the doctor said my ankle would be fine in two to three days. For my head, he said I did have a concussion and needed to take it easy for a while.

"I guess that means this battle of ours in on hold." Roman said once the doctor was out of my assigned room.

"Only for now, so don't think you won just yet." I played back with a smile plastered on my face.

Who would have guessed? Roman Quinn and Ester Mayson laughing together.  Un-fucking-real.

"Um... I appreciate what you did for me. It was kind of you to... care." The words felt so foreign in my mouth.

"Anytime Esther." My heart flipped.

"What did you say?" I asked bewildered.

"Anytime Esther?" He said confused.

"You never called me by my first name before." I said quietly.

"I guess so." He smirked.

"I guess so." I smirked back.

~

"HE DID WHAT?" Dev screamed when I closed my locker so I could see her shocked face.

"Its not that big of a deal..." I trailed off.

"Not that big of a deal? NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL? YOUR SWORN ENEMY OF ALL TIME HELPED YOU, BROUGHT YOU INTO HIS HOUSE, LITERALLY FLIRTED WITH YOU, BROUGHT YOU TO THE HOSPITAL AND NOT ONCE DID YOU GUYS FIGHT, AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS NOT A FUCKING BIG DEAL?"

"Dev! Be quiet! I don't want anyone to know!" I yelled quietly.

"I don't believe this... I so don't believe this." Dev said making a face.

"We still hate each other with a passion Dev, but just for one night we proved we could both be civilized." I said defending him.

What in the hell is wrong with me? Defending my sworn enemy?

"Wait- hold up. Don't tell me you... like him?" Dev whispered.

Now it was my turn to freak out.

"NOT IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I LIKE HIM! THAT IS SUCH AN INSULT DEV HOLY SHIT. NO. NO. N-O. I RATHER DIE. I RATHER JUMP OFF A CLIFF AND DIE." I yelled hysterically.

"Geez, no need to go ape shit. It was just a question."

Its the concussion. Its just the concussion.

--

 Thank you everyone for reading my story! I think I hear a P-A-R-T-Y coming soon?!

Anyway this chapter is dedicated to the beautiful -- oh I forgot! NO ONE COMMENTED.

If you want a dedication comment and vote!

Thank you again for the wonderful people who actually read this story. I like this story a lot, and I really hope you guys do.

Thanks again!

~xx continued