My Peter Pan

I didn't know if 'yolo' was a reason to say yes to Blake, but I was starting to think it. 

Blake and Lucy were the stereotypical all-American family. Seriously. Their father was in the navy, and their mother is a nurse for the army. Blake wants to be in the army as well, but for the air force. And Lucy wants to be a teacher. They both were top-students, and Lucy is in 3rd grade. 

"What about your family?" Blake asked as he took Lucy's hand. I grabbed the other, so Lucy was walking between us. 

For some reason, I didn't get angry when he asked about my family. I didn't feel any tightness in my throat, or my palms getting clammy.

I was okay, for the first time. 

"My parents died three years ago." I said quietly. 

"Oh Esther, I'm so sorry. That's horrible. Oh crap! Here I am blabbing about my parents- I'm so-" 

"Blake. Stop. Its okay, I'm okay. I am." 

Okay, that was a little lie. 

"If you don't mind me asking, how?" He asked quietly. 

"Car accident." 

Bigger lie. 

I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked down to see Lucy's big brown eyes. "My mommy says that after anyone heart stops, they become stars. And the amount of how much they shine, is how much they love you." Lucy said. 

I looked up at the dark sky and saw two faint stars next to each other. My throat started to tighten, and my chest ached. 

"I believe you are correct." I didn't mean for my voice to crack. I sounded helpless and naive. I felt a hand on my back, and looked over at Blake who's green eyes grew lighter. I smiled and lowered my head to the ground. I felt the heat from his hand, disappear on my back and I could breathe easier. 

"This is us." Blake spoke. I looked up to see a white house, with an American flag ob the porch. I chuckled to myself as I let go of Lucy's hand. She ran inside the house. There was light from the dining room shining on the white porch. I turned to Blake who pulled out a cellphone from his jean pocket. 

"You dropped it back at the park." He handed it back to me, and I thanked him silently. "See you around, yea?" 

"Yea." I smiled and turned around, finding my way to my house. I noticed that It wasn't that far. Just the next neighborhood over. I sighed when I saw the red brick of my house. I stopped on my steps when I saw a brown hair kid sitting with his blue orbs making slits when he saw me. "Charlie! What are you doing here?" 

"I told you I would be back in two days Esther." His voice sounded pissed. 

"You waited here for me?" I asked, feeling suddenly guilty. 

"Is that a surprise?" He asked. 

"Come inside, you must be cold." I said as I rushed to open the door. He ran into my house, and I closed the door behind me. I sighed when I saw a note on the dinner table from Sean. 

Dear Big Butt, 

Louie and I are going to the theater and wont be back until... well I don't know. *wink* 

Okay, love you. 

P.S Don't you dare turn on the stereo super loud again, the neighbors made sure I would tell you! 

I rolled my eyes and threw the note in the trash. I brought a glass of water to Charlie when he took out his notepad. 

"Lets get started. I heard that you hate Roman Quinn." He stated. I groaned loudly.