We Just Got To Get Out

"No. No. No. I refuse. I absolutely decline. I swear to god, if you take one more step... DEV. LEAVE ME ALONE. Touch me and you will lose a fallopian tube."

"Jesus Est, I was just trying to measure you for your dress!" She squealed.

"Did you not hear my rant the past hour of how I am NOT going to the stupid dance?" I exasperated.

"Wait, you were talking?" Dev asked. I groaned dramatically, and fell down on the pristine white couch.

Dev thought it would be a great bonding time if we an go shopping. I thought we would just go to the mall like regularly, but instead she pulled me my force to Ms. Winchesters Dress Emporium.

Five words.

Shoot.  

Me. 

In. 

The. 

FuckingFace.

So here I am, waiting until Dev changes into her next dress of the afternoon, while I am sprawled out on the white couch getting confused looks from uptight bitches.

"Why aren't you happy? This week has been eventful, and totally fantastic!" Dev stated from the dressing room.

"I am happy Dev, it's just... I HATE DANCES."

I used to love Dances. The hot lights, and the gorgeous women floating on air. I remember the Formal Winter Dance our community has every year.

I ran through the ocean of brilliant, rich colors of winter as I looked for my dad on the dance floor. Our song was playing, and I needed to find him.

I was so small that I couldn't see anything, and all the dresses were blocking my vision. I felt my young eyes start to tear up out if frustration.

"There's my princess." I felt large arms pick me up and I smiled brightly in the arms of my father.

"Do you hear daddy! It's our song!" I shook in delight.

"Of course! That's why I had to find you!" He put me on the ground and took my hands. I stepped into his shoes and he held me close. His coffee breath, and a hint of peppermint filled my nose and I hid my face into his suit. We both started humming our song, and he caressed my thin hair.

"This will always be our song right?" I asked hopeful.

"Always."

~

I felt a light ball hit my face.

"Ow." I said monotoned.

"Pay attention! Or I will throw another bow at you again." I looked around me and found out that she had been throwing bows the whole time, so a pile of bows were at my feet. I chuckled slightly. "This dress is a Vera! Isn't it perfect."

And it was. The light purple highlighted her dark eyes, and her light complexion. She glowed, really glowed. As if the world was alright, and her fears were all gone.

Why couldn't I feel like that?

"Well?" She pushed.

"Oh- It's beautiful Dev. Just like every other dress you have tried on, just pick one so we can get food. I feel like a starving camel." I groaned loudly again, causing people to scowl at me. I turned around and literally hissed at them like a snake. Their eyes bugged out at me, and strode out of the dress shop with their 7 inch heeled dressy shoes.