That Familiar Guy

It was raining so hard.

Ferlyn headed towards the library, ditching the film viewing she was supposed to watch together with her friends and other classmates.

She dropped her bag in the counter, taking out only a notebook for her stories and a pen. Settling down at the table near the window, she plugged in her earphones and listened to some Little Mix soundtracks.

The library was isolated, with only her and the librarian-in-charge inside the wide room. All the students were downstairs, probably enjoying the movie.

Just as it was about to play the chorus of 'Black Magic', her phone rang. She glanced at the caller ID and when she saw one of her friends' ugly faces, she answered reluctantly.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?!" Maffi shouted, making her wince. She checked if she could still hear for Maffi's voice was like that of an elephant's.

"Chillin' somewhere." She whispered, probably giving them a clue as to where she was at the moment. She heard shuffling from the other line and the voice of Maffi was gone.

Instead, it was changed into a more calm and collected voice. "Okay. See you at the café."

The phone call ended with Eula's statement and silence once again enveloped her surroundings. She stopped listening to music and continued writing on her notebook.

When she was finally getting accustomed to the quiet atmosphere, someone disturbed her.

A guy, probably a year older, sat across her. She scanned the whole room and found it odd that the guy sat across her, even though there are a lot of empty tables.

The librarian-in-charge went out and left the two alone. Ferlyn couldn't focus on writing anymore so she decided to play games on her phone.

She got immersed in playing 'Ice Cream Jump', but not for long. Soon, she found herself taking a glance at him.

He had raven hair and dark brown eyes. His jaw was perfectly chiseled and his cheekbones were high. In other words, he's hot n' handsome. Like one of those sex gods, as a typical teenager would call them.

Ferlyn didn't realize that she was staring already until the guy raised his bowed head and glanced at her, catching her red-handed.

Ferlyn blushed madly, her ears turning a deep crimson red. She tried hiding, but there's nowhere to hide. Seeing Ferlyn's demise, the guy chuckled, making her heart skip a beat.

'God, this guy's making me cheesy.' Ferlyn thought to herself.

Trying to ignore the guy and her heart beating wildly, Ferlyn decided to write again. But as she was about to scribble some nonsense into her notebook, her mind became blank.