That Paradise

The waves crashed to the bottom of the boat. It rocked the boat a little bit as the wind brushed Ferlyn's hair to the back. Their group was about to go to Mirendes, an island in the middle of the vast sea.

There's no signal in the island and only few people live in there (about 20 families). The reason they were heading there right now was because they needed to learn how farmers and fishermen lived. If ever they won't do it, they could kiss their allowance good bye.

However, it was not only their group, but also Trent's group. They had connections with the girls' family and brainwashed them into agreeing that the boys could come. Maffi looked very happy and excited. June had her poker face on, same with Ferlyn. Eula on the other hand was pissed and irritated. Oker had been bugging her since they sailed onto the sea.

"Why did they have to come?!" Eula whisper-yelled. She had tried her very best to avoid Oker, and the only way to keep him away from her was to stay close with June, who still hated his guts. They were close but because of something that only the two know, they kept a distance from each other for a week already.

"Dunno. Don't care." Ferlyn spoke like it was nothing, but deep inside, she was screaming her heart out because Trent was with them. Of course she would never tell that to anyone.

Once on land, the group directly went to their cabins. Maffi complained about the webs and dust everywhere. It was understandable to everyone that it was a bit unclean because it wasn't used for ages, but Maffi didn't care at all.

Everyone went in while Ferlyn stayed behind, not daring to explore the habitats of hairy nasty spiders. Sensing Ferlyn's hesitant stare from the back, Trent looked back and threw a worried look at her.

"What's wrong?"

Ferlyn just stared at him. Her face turned pale as she visualized different kinds of spiders in her mind.

She's arachnophobic, after all.

"You okay?" Trent held his hand out to Ferlyn. She gladly grabbed it, gripping it tighter every time she saw a cobweb.

"You're scared of spiders?"

Ferlyn blushed deep red, but the darkness was able to hide it. She mumbled a small 'yes', and they went to search for brooms and dusters.

"This place, my friends, needs a serious cleaning." June huffed, tying a wide black handkerchief on her head.

"I found the cleaning materials!" Luke shouted somewhere from the area.

"I found the exit!" Maffi exclaimed back. But before she was able to race to the, what seemed to be, back door, Eula grabbed the collar of her blue polo dress.

"Not so fast, Maffi." June tut, dumping the broom that Luke brought out to Maffi's feet.