END: Those Three Words

Sun rays hit Ferlyn's face as if telling her to wake up. Forcing herself out of the makeshift bed, Ferlyn groggily stood up, gripping on the bamboos for support.

Last night was a blast. She was so thankful she had them in her life.

Even though she arrived exhausted and dirty as hell with a few scratches, it was all worth it. They stayed up till three in the morning, and Ferlyn never bothered to check the time at the moment.

It was still pretty early though. The sun was still rising. She sat down at the shore, the sea kissing her bare feet. She was staring at the beauty of the sun, when she heard someone's feet shuffling towards her.

Trent sat down beside her, rubbing his eyes and looking dazed. He woke up to the sound of Ferlyn standing up earlier at the open hut and he couldn't go back to sleep even though his eyes won't open fully.

The pair never said a word, silence enveloping them. The only noises around were the sound of waves crashing to the shore, the wind passing by, and a constant tune sung by the birds.

The atmosphere felt good. Ferlyn enjoyed the comfortable silence as they watched the sun go up in the sky.

Soon though, her stomach started to rumble, as if reminding her that she's hungry and went to stand up when Trent grabbed her wrist and also stood up.

"What's wrong?"

The first words exchanged between them echoed through the sea as a confused Ferlyn stared at Trent, feeling a little worried.

Trent looked like he wanted to tell her something and that had Ferlyn feeling nervous.

Negative thoughts filled her head and Trent seemed to notice it, feeling bad that he made his girl worried.

He let out a shaky breath and gathered all of his courage to say what he wanted to say, telling himself that there's no backing out. It's now or never.

Ferlyn was about to repeat her earlier question when Trent spoke his mind, making Ferlyn freeze.

"I love you."

And before Ferlyn could react, Trent occupied her mouth with his, kissing her as if he'd never be able to kiss her again, enveloping her in his arms.

At first, Ferlyn was tense, but soon, she melted in his arms with the sun finally up in the sky.

What a sight to behold. 

__________

And that's the end! I can't believe it's finished. Gosh. Thank you for those who kept on reading this book and I hope you continue to subscribe for the other upcoming books of this series. To those who have questions or critiques, feel free to message me. XD

Thanks a lot, sunnies!

-Soleil :'>