That Formal Night

Ferlyn hesitantly poked her head out of the curtains, hiding her remaining body behind the black sheet.

She sent a pleading look to a calm Eula, who only stared at her blankly in response. Ferlyn wondered why she was even friends with them.

After school, which ended a lot earlier than expected, Maffi and June dragged her to the malls while Eula followed silently.

And now she was forced to try on formal dresses which she never liked in the first place.

"Why are we even checking out dresses? It's not like we're gonna use them anyway." She whined to Maffi, who in response, glared at her.

"What did you say? Have you forgotten that the Fall Formal is on the night after tomorrow already?" June hummed, looking through the tons of cocktail dresses hanged on the walls.

Ferlyn remembered the formal. She also remembered that she didn't have a reason to go.

Eula, who seemed to read Ferlyn's mind smiled at her and whispered something in June's ears.

June raised a brow at her and sauntered towards her cubicle.

"Hey, I heard Trent's coming and he still hasn't asked anyone yet. He might be looking for the right timing to ask you."

June wiggled her eyebrows while Ferlyn's ears turned red. June laughed at her friend's reaction and went back to rummaging dresses.

"Stop talking rubbish. It's impossible, you know." Ferlyn twirled her hair around her fingers, a habit she didn't usually show.

June chuckled. "Trust me, dude. By tomorrow, you'll have a date for the formal this Friday."

Ferlyn sighed. She realized she was still wearing a dress.

"Let us see the dress on you already." Maffi whined, loads of dresses compiled on her arm. She stopped in front of Ferlyn's dressing room and tapped her right foot impatiently.

Ferlyn reluctantly pulled the curtain to the side and showed the dress to everyone. She particularly liked the dress.

June and Maffi beamed while Eula stayed calm and smiled at her.

The lavender dress accented her tan skin, making her look like a princess. It was off-shoulder and its skirt reached her feet. It also hugged her body perfectly. She looked elegant and beautiful.

Surely, that dress was the one.

"Oh my god! You immediately found the perfect outfit in just one try! So unfair." June pouted, stomping off to find her 'perfect outfit' for the formal.

Satisfied with her friends' reactions, Ferlyn went back inside the dressing room and stripped the dress off of her.