Chapter Three - Here We Go

We finally got to Cesar’s Palace. It was huge, and beyond what I had expected. I almost wished that anything would happen so I could stay here another day.

“Here we go.” Phil whispered in my ear as we walked with our bags into the hotel.

I smirked, “You ready to party hard?”

“You bet.”

We walked through the lobby to the check in counter. And the counter was a young woman in her early thirties with long brown hair and hazel eyes. She was fairly pretty, I looked at her name tag to see that it said Lisa.

“Hi, welcome to Cesar’s.” Lisa said politely.

We all then said a bunch of hello’s before we quieted down.

“Checking in?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Phil replied leaning over the counter giving Lisa a great look at his gorgeous blue eyes.

“Were under a reservation under Dr. Price.” Stu said proudly.

I scoffed, “Dr. Price? Really Stu? Really?”

“Okay, let me look that up for you.” Lisa said as she began to type away at her computer. I rolled my eyes, she was too nice.

“Yeah Stu you’re a dentist.” Phil added in to the teasing, “Don’t try to get fancy.”

I giggled, as Stu gave Phil a hard look. I knew it as well as everyone else that Stu was trying to act ‘cool’ in front of Lisa and we were ruining it.

“It’s not fancy if it’s true.” Stu pointed out.

“He’s a dentist, don’t get too excited. And if someone has a heart attack you should still call 911.” Phil instructed Lisa with a smile.

“We’ll be sure to do that..” Lisa said with a smile as she totally eyed Phil. Not that I blame her- the guy was hot.

“Can I ask you a question?” Alan spoke up, so that all eyes fell on him, “Is this hotel pager friendly?”

I looked to see that in Alan’s hand he had a stone age, beeper. People haven’t used those in years.. Why the hell does he have one?

“What do you mean?” Lisa asked.

Alan held his beeper up higher, “I’m not getting a sig on my beeper.”

“I’m not sure.” Lisa said staring at Alan weirdly.

“Payphone bank? A bunch of payphones?” Alan asked, as Phil and I gave him a confused look as to why he would need it, “Business.” He answered.

“Um.. There’s a phone in your room?”

“That’ll work.” Alan said with a nod as he stuffed his old time beeper back into his right front pocket.

Lisa nodded unsure as she looked back to her computer screen before pressing a few more buttons she looked back up at us with a smile.

“I have you in a two bedroom suite, on the twelfth floor.. Is that okay?”

Doug grinned, “That’s perfect.”

“Actually.” Phil leaned forward, “I was wondering if you have any villas available?”

“Phil were not even going to be in the room.” Stu said, looking at Phil out of the corner of his eye.

“That’s unnecessary.” Doug declared.

“It’s no big deal, we can share beds for one night.” Stu continued glancing at Lisa.