Chapter Seven - Situations

We arrived at Jade’s apartment complex that Eddie had given us directions to. Alan had Benjamin Carlos strapped to his chest, because he insisted on carrying him. Stu and Alan led the way, as we looked at every room number searching for Jades.

Phil and I had fallen behind. I was attempting to keep my distance, slightly. Ever since the occurrence at Best Little Chapel. But that task wasn’t so easy to complete. Mainly because our shoulders would brush or our eyes would lock.

But then again, why should I stay away? I mean seriously, Phil’s not married to me or his ex anymore. I should be in heaven! 

“It’s got uh, Ted Danson and Magnum P.I. and that Jewish actor-” Alan rambled on as we walked towards the room.

Stu glared at Alan, “Shut up Alan!” He then glanced back at Phil and I, “What room was it again?”

“It’s 825.” Phil replied.

A blonde woman just then walked out of her room, on the phone. She had some fashionable sunglasses on, a tight shirt and shorts. And at that point I realized that this had to be Jade.

“I know I did, I already checked with her…” Jade said into the phone before looking up and noticing the group of us, she smiled, “I found him, I’ll call you back.”

Jade hung up the phone before stuffing it back into her pocket.

“Thank god he’s with his father!” Jade cheered as she took the baby out of the baby carrier thing on Alan, “I was freaking out!” I ran through my hair as I stared at the scene, “I missed you sweetie.” She said to her child before looking at Stu seductively, “And I missed you.”

Jade then- while holding the baby leaned forward and began to makeout with Stu. Stu didn't respond to the kiss, he stood there like a stick figure.

I nudged Phil and rolled my eyes, “I think I might hurl.”

“Nah, I doubt it.” Phil winked at me, “I mean, at least he’s not with Melissa…”

“True!” I cheered and then looked back over to Jade and Stu to see that they were both done with their… ‘greeting’.

“No.” Stu said disgusted.

Jade ignored him and smiled, “What the hell happened to you guys?”

“Actually.” Phil said with a grin, “We were hoping you could tell us.”

“What do you mean? I got up this morning and went to go and get you guys all coffee and I came back and you all were gone.” Jade told us, before tilting her head at Stu, “Why are you being so quiet?”

“I’m not being… quiet.” Stu replied with an uncomfortable look.

Jade grinned at me, Phil, and Alan, before letting out a laugh, “He’s so cute!”

“Stu.. Cute?” I asked teasingly trying to make a joke, “What has the world come to?”

Phil snickered while Stu’s head snapped towards me and glared. If looks could kill I’d definitely be six feet under.

“Yeah, I got to feed Tyler.” Jade said motioning to the baby. Wait! The baby’s name is Tyler? Alan’s not going to like that, “Come inside you guys!”

Jade then began to lead us inside- her interlacing fingers with Stu. While Alan just let out a discouraged sigh.

“You hear that?” Alan asked clearly disappointed, “The baby’s name is Tyler.”

I bit my lip, seeing how upset Alan was by this. It was kind of funny, but I wasn’t going to be mean to Alan. I mean it wasn’t his baby in the first place so how could he name it? I glanced over to Phil and gave him the ‘Help fix him’ look. Phil sighed but then looked over to Alan.