Chapter 4

Present time

"Hurry up and get your asses moving people!" Ruth was on her normal routine of being a bossy person. I was a few steps behind her and Christian was just beside me. We were on our way to Edward's house. We've only been walking for 10 minutes and I was already tired.

"Unlike you, some people aren't physically fit to keep up" I replied while catching my breath.

"Come on Liz, we're almost there. It's just walking, not running. You can't be tired already." I turned to Christian giving him a disbelieved look to which he just smiled in return while speeding up, leaving me behind.

The sight of the familiar house or more like mansion finally came into sight. It looked almost exactly like my house since we all lived in the same area. The only difference was his house had a smaller compound than mine.

We knocked on the front door and was greeted by Edward's warm smile.

"Eddddyy" I said pushing through Christian and Ruth. I couldn't help the excitement in my voice. Over the 2 years of our friendship I came up with a nickname for him. I always think that a friendship isn't official till you come up with a nickname for them.

"Hello to you too. What crazy plan are you dragging me into this time?" He said smiling.

"Don't worry. There's no crazy plan for the time being. I'm too tired to even move now" I said still quite breathless from the walk we just had.

"Oh don't be such a drama queen Liz, we've been going through the same route for 2 years. You should've gotten used to it by now." Ruth said making her way into the house without waiting for Eddy to invite us in.

" Sure. Come right in."

Christian then cut in "well aren't you inviting us in bro?" not wanting to listen to the normal argument he and Ruth always seemed to have.

"Right. Sorry. Come on in then. Why are you all here anyway?" Eddy asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to come over and chill." Christian said coolly while throwing his body onto the sofa in the living room.

"Nah. That's boring. We should go do something fun and exciting. let's go to the park and scoop out money from the wishing fountain." Eddy replied. He always had the craziest idea of fun and exciting.

"Yeah, Ed that's a great example of a very bad idea." Ruth said with the most sarcastic tone ever.

"Come on, I know you're actually thinking about it" he said wiggling his eyebrows at her.

I actually thought his idea was fun. "Let's go Ed." I stood up ready to leave

"What? Scooping money out of the fountain? I didn't know you were that desperate for money." My hand instinctively punched Christian who was laughing.

"Not that. Let's go to the park. " rolling my eyes at Christian.

The park was pretty close to Eddy's house. It was a beautiful park with a huge lake in the middle. There were tall trees scattered all around the park offering shade for the people who visited came to visit. It was Saturday but there weren't a lot of people. Just a few kids running around playing tag. An old couple sitting on the bench feeding the ducks in the lake and four teenagers who were seeking to spend their leisure time in the park.

"So what exactly are we planning to do now that we're here?" Christian asked, looking at me expecting an answer.

" I would suggest we play tag like those kids there but I have a strong feeling I won't win at that game" I said jokingly. He smiled at me slyly.