Chapter 18

This was the 10th time we pulled over since our journey began. Ruby was being an incredible pain in the ass saying she needed to get out of the car every now and then so her clothes wouldn't ruin from sitting down too long.

I felt sick in my stomach and I clutched onto my belly trying to keep my breakfast down. Ruby's strong perfume wasn't helping either. It was stingingly painful to smell. I couldn't get it how Christian could stand being with her. She must be great in bed for him to stay. I found myself getting angry at my own thoughts.

Oh no. It was coming. I could feel my mouth getting watery with saliva signifying that I was going to puke soon. My head was dizzy and I was taking in short and heavy breaths now. I wanted to find a plastic that I could use but my head was throbbing in pain. I closed my eyes leaning my head on the window when I felt the car speeding. If it wasn't for my condition right now, I would have screamed curses at Christian.

I wanted to ask him to pull over but that meant I had to speak with him. I tried breathing again hoping the feeling would go away as the car moved at an incredibly fast speed. I felt it swerved to the side and stopped immediately.

"Argh!! Are you trying to get us killed?!"

Ruby shouted. I quickly jumped out of the car running towards the nearest drain. My grip on my tummy getting tighter as I threw up the ham sandwich I had for breakfast that morning. It was painful and my eyes started tearing up. I felt a hand rubbing my back softly but steadily.

My hair was brushed back as I continued. When I was done I turned around expecting to see him. My brows knitted into a frown as I looked into a pair of ocean blue eyes. I suddenly felt his hand brushing in between my brows.

"I heard if you frown too much it might stick on your face forever."

His voice was deep and confident. I straightened my brows and blinked at him in confusion. He had dark brown hair, thick bushy eyebrows and... and a strong grip as I realised he was holding my arm. He chuckled. Even his laughter sounded so deep.

"William. I'm William."

"Oh"

"You know most people would introduce themselves back"

He smirked at me while he tuck a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. I shook myself out from his mesmerising gaze.

"Well most people don't see each other barf when they first meet."

I took hold of his hand and placed it back down. There was no way I was letting him do things to me. Even if he's smoking hot?
I pushed that thought away.

"Eliza!"

We both shot our head towards the voice. Christian was standing there looking angry as hell. He made his way towards us looking at the both of us with eyes ready to kill. Well, more like staring at me like I was his prey.

"So I guess I know your name now. Eliza"

He smirked at me saying my name slowly. I was uncomfortable since that's the name only Christian calls me. I felt myself being yanked onto a hard thing. I looked up to see Christian holding me in a tight hug. I knew he was in rage from the way he was breathing.

"Excuse me but I believe you don't have the right to call her that. She's mine."

I pushed myself away from him getting angry. He spoke of me like I was some kind of possession.

"I don't belong to anyone and he can call me whatever he likes."

Christian's jaw clenched. I made my way into a shop nearby trying to get away from his drama. My head was still pounding and I needed a bottle of water. I took a step into a diner and saw that there were few people here probably stopping by to rest for a while.

I took a seat at one of the tables and an old lady came skating towards me in rollerblades. She smiled sweetly and took my order. She came back with a glass of water but it was cold. She must have had heard me wrong since I wanted a warm glass of water.

I rested my elbows on the table and place my head in my hands. I took a deep breath trying to make the pain in my head go away. I forgot to bring the thing I needed the most while travelling. I felt the seat next to mine dipped down.

"Eliza..."

His voice was so soft. It was like he was scared I would run off if he spoke loudly. His hand was slowly brushing my hair to back. I straightened my body trying to push him away. I used both of my hands to push his body away.

I used all of my strength but he still didn't move an inch. This lasted for quite some time until he grew tired of it. He took me by my wrist since my hands were pushing him hard on the chest. He pulled me in slowly towards him.

"Get away from me!" I wriggled in his grasp. He just continued holding me till I stopped, realising that my actions were futile.

"Stop moving so much love. Your head will get worse."

He spoke so gently as he rubbed my back the way he used to when I usually get carsick. It felt nice to be in his arms. Warm and safe like before. I didn't have the strength to fight him so I just closed my eyes. I heard him opening a bottle and a familiar soothing smell hit my nose.

I opened my eyes as he massaged my forehead with his thumbs. I looked him in the eye as he continued. He remembered.

The oil smelled minty and soothing. He pushed me gently away and I whimpered at the loss of his heat. I saw him reaching for something behind him and he pulled out a green flask. He poured a warm cup of water into the cap and handed it to me.

We stayed there for some time and I wondered where Ruby was. Christian got up and held out a hand to me.

"Come on. We need to continue our journey."

I weakly took his hand as he pulled me close to him making our way quietly to his car.