Chapter 15

10 years had passed since that day. The three of us ended up graduating from the same university. I took fashion designing along with Mea while Ruth went off to fulfil her dreams and started her own business of event planning and interior designing.

We still hung out together since I too own my own fashion line. I was still the same girl. Only much confident with myself now with the help I've been receiving from my friends.

I parked my car in front of my boutique grabbing my cup of coffee on my way out. I designed my shop to be fully visible to the eyes of outsider. All my latest designs and works were easily displayed this way. My pride and joy.

"Hey there boss." I rolled my eyes at his voice.

"Shut up Jaice. Unless you don't want to receive your salary this month."

When I first opened up my business, I hunted for the most eligible person to fill in the spot as my co-partner. Jaice showed up just at the right time. I've got to admit, his sense of fashion really inspires me.

Turns out he made his way into a fashion designing school too.
It's not surprising though, since Jaice was always a great fashion critique.

"Fine. I could always quit and let you finish this dress all by yourself." He lamely reply as he inspected the material in front of him, checking for any flaws.

"You might be my friend and favourite worker but that doesn't mean I won't smack you hard on the head." Jaice was standing behind a half-finished dress.

He had a measuring tape around his neck and some pins in his hands. We specialises in wedding and dinner dresses. My fashion line wasn't that famous with worldwide branches but it was certainly expanding.

I made my way into my office while sipping on my coffee. I took a glance of my reflection in the tall mirrors in the hallway. I stood there admiring the person I have become today. I was wearing a plain white low V neck shirt which was tucked neatly by my black pencil skirt. I liked the way my legs look now in heels.

Dressing up got easier for me now. I lost a lot of weight after Mea and Ruth convinced me to go run with them while we were at the boarding school to help me take my mind off him. Surprisingly it helped me a lot. I found myself running alone most days which grew into a habit. My mine become clear once I feel the hard ground beneath me as the cool wind blows against me.

I wish I could say I got over Christian after all these years but I'm afraid I can't. I still meet him occasionally during school breaks or during holidays. It didn't help that our parents were really close so there was no way I could avoid going to their house.

Things between us got awkward and tense. I would always avoid being in the same room with him. I would spend my time with Ruth in her room until it was finally time to go home.

I still kept myself updated about him. Asking his parents every now and then about him when we meet each other. Funny that he actually took business management and was now running his father's company.

There was a time where we were left alone together and we didn't talk at all. Not even bothering to cover up the fact we were uncomfortable. I was still angry at him. Angry at how things turned out for us. Angry at him for letting this happen.

I shook my head and cleared my mind off him. I felt my phone vibrating and saw that there was a new text.

Mommma

Hey sweetie. Don't forget about dinner tonight. Oh and could you please drop by the bakery for some pastries. I'm too lazy to bake today ;) Love you.