Chapter 10

I slept in the next day since it was the weekend. My phone buzzed and I was contemplating whether it was worth getting out of bed for. I fought my laziness and went to retrieve my phone. There was a text from Ruth.

Ruth
Hey :))))))) I know you're feeling down and all but I can help you feel better.

Lizzy
Thanks BBG but I'm not in the mood today.

Ruth
Nothing you can do to stop me now ;)

I read her reply with confusion. What was that supposed to mean. I heard a knock on my door but no one came in. I opened the door to see who it was but there was no one. Instead I was greeted by a mouth drooling smell. I went down the stairs wanting to see what it was.

Ah. Of course. Ruth

I thought to myself. I smiled knowing that she was here to help cheer me up by cooking. By the smell of it I'm pretty sure she's doing a good job at it. I made my way into the kitchen smiling expecting to see her.

What I didn't expect was to see the cause of my heartache standing in the kitchen cooking. No Ruth. Just him. My heart started bleeding again. But he was so undeniably attractive cooking in his plain black tee which hugged his body perfectly and khakis shorts.

The last thing I want to do right now is talk to him and yet here he was standing in my kitchen cooking a meal.

"Are you done checking me out?" Turning to me with a smirk on his face.

All I really wanted to do now was to ignore him and go straight back up to my room but that would be too obvious then. I decided to just act normal and pretend like nothing happened. I got closer to him and peeked into the frying pan.

"What are you doing here?" with my most bored tone ever

"Cooking our celebratory meal of course. In case you didn't know, we won the game last night." How dare he smile so innocaently at me?

I also know what happened after the game.

I couldn't do it. I can't stay mad at him. No matter how hurt I am by him I just can't.

"Yeah. I saw what you did. It was great. What's with the meal?"

"I wanted to celebrate my win." placing some fried chicken on a plate.

"It was yesterday. You already went and celebrate with your team mates." I replied while grabbing some hot fries.

"It's never too late to celebrate. Plus you're the first person I'm celebrating with after my team mates of course."

I stopped munching on my fries suddenly feeling down again.

yeah? Well it looked like you were celebrating with Bertha too last night. Of course I will never say such a thing to him. A gave him a fake smile instead.

"What's wrong with you Eliza? You look.. Different."

"Nothing. Just couldn't sleep well last night." He eyed me suspiciously. I had to do something to prevent him from asking more questions.

"So I have something for you. To congratulate you on your win." I went up to get him his gift and was ready to go down when I realized he was with me in my room.

"Okay. What happened to you?" Great he saw all the wrappers from the snacks I ate last night.

Think.Think.Say something.

"Oh you know how I am. I got hungry in the middle of the night and ate some snacks." Smiling to prove I was telling the truth. Great!

He still eyed me suspiciously. Clearly not believing a thing I just said.