Chapter 12

*Liz's dress above*

"Lizzz, come on we're gonna be late. Your dress looks fine. Now let's go!"

Ruth's been shouting at me for the past 15 minutes. She and Jaice were both ready to go to prom. Jaice was dressed in black pants and white t shirt which he rolled up till his elbow. Complimented with a red tie. While Ruth was wearing the dress she chose the other day.

I took one last glance of the dress Christian gave me and a warm blush slowly crept on my cheeks. It was really pretty although it was quite stretched out on me. It made me look bigger but since it was from Christian I don't really care what I look like.

I fixed my hair which I decided to let it fall loose and topped it off with a simple headband. I wasn't wearing any make up besides my mascara, not wanting any attention on me. I heard someone knocking on the door. Before I could go over to open it, the door swung open and in came an annoyed Ruth.

"Let's go. We need to leave now!" Showing me her watch so I would hurry up. I grabbed a pair of flats and went out of the room. Mum and dad made aweing noises when we both came down.

"Oh look at that. You both look so Beautiful." suddenly I was blinded with flashes from the camera my mum was holding.

"Mumm really? We need to go now."

"Just one more picture sweetie." Ruth and Jaice stood awkwardly beside me as she took the pictures.

"Ruth that dress looks lovely dear." Mum pulled Ruth into a hug. Ruth's cheeks coloured slightly.

"umm girls, I think we should be going now." Jaice said all of a sudden.

Dad was already outside waiting for us since he offered to send us.

"Bye mum. I'll be back soon." I said cheerfully skipping out of the house. Whoa for someone who doesn't like prom, I am surprisingly excited to go.

When we finally reached the school gate, I could see that there were already a lot of people making their way into the hall. My dad dropped us off nearby so he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of avoiding people.

We made our way to the entrance which was beautifully
decorated with elegant looking designs. The door looked as if it was from the 70s and there were tall gothic looking lamps with orange lights emitting from it. The hall was dimly lighten up by a few lights inside which made it feel as if everything was more mysterious.

"Whoa! Darling, this place looks even better than an antique mansion!" Jaice said with awe in his eyes.

"Yeah Ruth. This place looks stu-ning!" I said emphasising my words.

Ruth smiled widely and grabbed both of our shoulders.

"Pfft guys. It's not like I did this all by myself. Now quit looking like some country bumpkins and Paaaaar-ty!" Ruth yanked the both of us to the dance floor.

I was kind of glad that the room was dark so people can't see me that clearly. I was actually enjoying myself for the first time. To make things better, they were playing some classical music which really sets the mood.

I was dancing with Jaice since Ruth had to take care of some things to ensure everything will run smoothly. Jaice could really dance. He was moving like there were no people and just let his body go wild. I couldn't keep up with his tempo though.

"HEY, JAICE!"

He didn't move an inch. Still swaying his hands madly above his head. The music was just too loud. I tried calling him again but he still remained the same. Seeing how useless my actions were, I punched him on the shoulder.