Chapter 11

"So have you been talking to Eddy lately?" Ruth's eyes got bigger.

"Lower down your voice." Her voice sounded flustered

We were both sitting in class trying to survive History. "We've chatted a few times. He looked as if nothing ever happened. So I guess it wasn't a big deal for him." her face started to look down.

"Hmm. I'm in no place to give you any advice." Feelings are so complicated.

We both kept quiet waiting for the bell to ring to go for our break. We sat together without her other 'friends' and Jaice since he was stuck in class for not finishing his school work.

"It's quiet without Jaice." Ruth said out loud. "I'm so bored."
I gave her a weak smile and continued eating not in the mood to talk.

"Hey Liz" I turned to face her. "Let's have our movie night today. I can tell Christian about it."

"What? It's only Tuesday."

"Yeah but last Friday we didn't get to spend it together since it was the Big Game. Plus I could really use the distraction."

"We could always just have it this Friday like always."

She made a face at me. "No way. You don't remember?"

I gave her a quizzical look not understanding what she meant.
"Remember what exactly." I earned myself a slap behind my head. "Ouw!"

"Prom is this Friday! You're not thinking of letting me go alone are you?" She was being all dramatic again. I bit my lips remembering about prom.

"No, of course not. It's just that it must have had slipped through my mind from all the things that's been happening lately."

"Great." She grinned. "So movie night?"

"Movie night it is."

"Hey, Ruth. You're needed by the prom organising team." Jaice said sitting next to me.

"A guy told me on the way here." Ruth got up smiling.

"Got to go. I'll text you about tonight later okay." and dashed off.

"What's tonight?" Jaice asked while stuffing some of my food into his mouth.

"Ohh It's nothing. Just that Ruth wants to have our movie night today."

"Cool. Can I join?"

I was unsure what to say to him. Movie night was only for me and the Fairfaxs. There was no one else but us. Not even Eddy. I never really had any other friends than them. Now that Jaice was in the picture I wasn't sure if they would want him to come.

"Umm.. I would love it if you came along." His face brighten up. What I said next made me feel like an evil witch. "but I'm not so sure if Christian would like it if you came." I said hesitantly.

"Ohh.."

"Jaice.. I'm sorry. It's just that.."

"No. It's fine Liz. Really. I get it." he smiled trying to assure me.

"It's your thing with them."

"Thanks Jaice." Hugging him. "You're the greatest. I promise to take you out next time."

" I know. I'm holding onto that promise though."

We talked some more before having to go back to class. I was in my last period when I felt my phone vibrated.

Ruth
Hey :) I've asked Christian and he says he up for it. ;) Thank me later. Anyway, my place tonight. 8:00 PM.

Lizzy
Oh pleaseee Ruth. Like I needed that. 8? Why so late?