Chapter 5

Here I am waiting in the car with Christian. We were supposed to leave for school 10 mins ago. Thanks to Ruth we're gonna be late for school. Again.

"why isn't Ruth out yet?" Christian groaned.

"You know how she is. She refuses to come to school not looking her best."

Christian was clearly getting bored waiting for her. It's obvious since he kept switching the stations on the radio.

Can I lay by your side~
next to you uh uh ~~

I'm just a sucker~~
for cold hearted women~~
I'm just a suc..

Making my way downtown~~

"Oh my gosh Christian stop it! What is wrong with you." He turned and flashed me a smile.

"Nothing good was playing but judging from the look on your face right now I'm kinda glad I did that." I shot him a death glare smacking the back of his head making him scowl at me.

"It's very pleasing to look at your face too" I chuckled.

"Fair enough" he replied laughing while rubbing the spot I smacked him.

"How bout playing some of your music then." Jokingly rolling his eyes at me. He hated my taste in music. My playlist mostly consist of classical songs especially the ones by Kenny G.

I smiled, ready to play my selection of songs. He always teases me saying they're old people's type of song. So whenever it was my turn to pick a song to play he would groan knowing what song I'll choose.

I scrolled through my playlist and selected a song. "You do know that no matter how many times you make me listen to it I still wouldn't like it right."

I smirked and turned to him "You can just admit that you like it already. You know you do. You're just ashamed of what people would think of you."

"Darling, I will never be ashamed of who I am. In case you haven't noticed people actually think I'm desirable." He scoffed.

"Yeah, that totally explains the constant flings you have going on then" I replied sarcastically.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. "You have no idea what you're saying. You don't know what It feels like to be in my position."

"Whoa! somebody's being all touchy. Tell me, are you PMS-ing? Did you get off at the wrong side of your bed today? Or did you get into a fight with one of many girls you've been fooling around with?"

I knew he wouldn't like me asking about the girls he "dated" but I just couldn't help it. He hurt me with his words by saying he was desirable. Yes he was very desirable. I know that but why did he have to say it in a way which made me feel so small and of no importance.

The car was filled with tension. He was looking at me with eyes filled with emotions that I could not read. He was about to say something when suddenly the door swung open and Ruth came in and sat at the back seat. He looked at me for a while and turned back to the front.

"Alright! I'm ready" Ruth squealed oblivious to the fight we just had.

"About time!" Christian barked.

"Geez what's wrong with him?" Ruth asked me. I shrugged my shoulders not wanting to make a scene out of the conversation I had with him from before.

We drove in silence except for the few times Ruth talked about how hard it was to find an outfit to wear to school today. I on the other hand could not relate to her. It was simple. Grab a pair of matching sweatshirt and pants and you're all ready to go. Maybe that was one of the factors which contributed to make me 'undesirable'.