Chapter 1

To clear up confusion: Haley Grin has been part of the group since Atlanta. She was hiding in the department store and when Glenn's group came there, they found each other and Haley joined them.

-

Chapter 1 - EDITED (x2)

TS-19 : S1 E6

Part : 1

Light.

Haley Grin squinted as she tried to see the depths of the blinding light. The light filled her up with hope. There were people in the CDC, they were alive, and they were working on a cure.

Haley followed the group in as everyone rushed away from the walkers. The men wasted no time getting into action.

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane Walsh –the man that had taken responsibility over Haley–ordered.

The groups leader, Rick Grimes, looked around, in search of a human being. "Hello? Hello?"

"Close those doors." Dale Horvath, a respected old man, said, entering the lobby. "Watch for walkers."

"It's completely empty." Haley muttered, her grip on Lori Grimes, Rick's wife, loosening.

Rick shook his head. "Can't be." he answered sternly. "Hello?"

A gun cocked and everyone's head turned towards a man, in the doorway, with a rifle in his hands. Even better, the gun was pointing at them. On instinct, Haley moved behind Shane.

"Anybody infected?" The blonde haired man asked. His blue eyes looked tired, and frown lines were craved onto his face. He was a cautious man, his question was more like a demand, and his tone hinted towards the fact that he wouldn't hesitate to shoot them.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick informed him, not breaking eye contact. Haley's eyes fell to the ground, remembering Jim, the kind auto-mechanic that had been bit when a gathering of walkers had attacked their camp, taking innocent lives with them.

"Why are you here? What do you want?"

"A chance."

The man chuckled. "That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know."

The mans eyes swept over everyone, as if he could see through their clothes and flesh. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He said looking Rick in the eyes.

"We can do that." Rick said looking at his group. Each of them looked at the man with hope.

The man lowered his weapon, and everyone let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. Haley quickly hugged Shane's waist, his arms protectively going over her shoulders.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." The man fidgeted uncomfortably, not taking his eyes off the group.

Shane patted Haley's shoulder before going out with Rick, and Glenn to bring in all the bags. Everyone had their bags within minutes.