Chapter 30

[THIS BOOK MOVES TOO FAST, AND HAS OVERLY UNREALISTIC AND OVERLY CLICHÉ MOMENTS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. AGAIN.]

Chapter 30
Triggerfinger : S2 E9
Part : 1

|Haley|

Me and Carl were helping put the plates. Everyone was eating inside today.

"They should've been back by now." Andrea said as she walked behind us.

"Yeah. They just got holed up somewhere." Shane said. "We'll-- we'll head out first thing in the morning." He said as he sat down. He cleared his throat. "Thank you."

I sat in between, T-Dog and Carl.

"Who?"

"Rick and Glenn went to get Hershel earlier." said Maggie.

"Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay?" Shane asked. I glared at him from under the hat. "And Haley, please take off Carl's hat."

"Sure thing, Boss." I hissed, gently picking the hat up, and put it on the table behind us.

"Your old man, he's a tough son of a--"

"No cussing in the house." Patricia snapped.

Shane looked between us, "Sorry."

"Don't look like you mean it." I growled. Carl glanced at me, but kept quiet.

"Lori! It's time for dinner." Carol called. She turned to go down the hall but Carl interrupted her.

"She's not over there."

"Where is she?" Dale asked.

Everyone stopped and looked around. Shane stopped chewing and leaned in towards us. "Carl, when's the last time you saw your mom?"

Carl turned towards him. "This afternoon." He said after a few seconds.

"She was worried about Rick, asked me to look in on the kids." Andrea said.

"She went after them?" Dale asked.

"She didn't say that." Andrea answered.

"Nobody panic." Shane started, getting up from his chair. Carl pushed his chair out, and however much I wanted to hold his wrist and ask him to not leave me, I didn't. "Gonna be around here somewhere." Shane said, as he entered the living room.

Everyone got up, and started searching for her. I split up with Patricia, as we searched as far as the cupboards.

[i wrote 4 minutes and 40 seconds in 358 words wow. Thats longer than some chapters]

We were looking outside now. "She's not at the barn." Shane informed us, joining our little group.

"I checked the yards." said T., coming back as well.

"Well...where is she?!" Carl asked panicked.

"We're gonna find her, Carl." I whispered with a small smile.

"She asked Daryl to go into town." Joined Carol, who had went to ask Daryl.

"And..?" I urged her to continue.

"She must've gone herself."

Carl whimpered as I went to hug him, but he pushed me away. He put his empty hand over his mouth, trying to block his cries as he turned around and I got the message.

"Hey..." Andrea whispered, which caused him to storm off.

"Carl!" I called out, but he continued.

"You guys a--uh, thing?" T-Dog asked. I turned towards him.

I scowled and turned around, walking to Andrea.

"I bet 1 week, for 2 granola bars." I heard T-Dog mutter.

-

Everyone watched in relief as the car pulled back in, causing everyone to walk towards it.

Shane got out from the car, followed by Lori, which made me sigh in relief.

"Oh my god, are you alright? What happened?" Andrea asked hugging Lori.

"I was in an accident. I'm fine. I'm fine." Lori said trying to calm everyone down.

"She was attacked."

"I'm fine, I really am." Lori said. "Where's Rick?"

Everyone was quiet. "Lori, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"They're not back?"

Everyone was quiet again. "Where are they?!" Lori snapped turning to Shane. Shane (who was trying to escape the area) turned around.

"Look, I had to get you back here--"

"So you lied?" I asked. Shane didn't do anything, and Lori got the message.

"You asshole."

"Lori." Shane said as Lori got closer.

"He's my husband!" [sure didn't think about that while banging his best friend.]

"Lori, I will go after him and I will find him!" Shane said as Lori started shoving him. "Hey now! First things first! I gotta-- I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's alright!" I wasn't able to listen after that. Everything was muffled.

Baby?! Baby?! This is a fucking nightmare. I must've heard wrong.

Carl stepped up. "You're having a baby?"
Nope. Lori was pregnant.