Chapter 10

Chapter 10- EDITED

Bloodletting : S2 E2

Part : 3

[Not gonna do much 3rd Person anymore. They are still here, just rare. x]

|Haley|

Nelly had done a hell of a good job distracting me, until I got off. Horses need rest too, you know.

"How is he?" I asked as I entered Carl's room. "Is he--is he gonna be okay?"

"They are still not back." Lori said holding tightly to her son's hand.

"I wish it was me." I muttered going to the other side of Carl.

"Don't say that, Haley--"

"No! He has so many people who care for him. I'm just a foolish, coward little girl. If only I had seen the man. Held Carl back or jumped in front of him. He would still be here, and I would be the one lying there."

"What happened, happened. There is no taking that back."

"I really liked this lyric, I think it went something like 'Sometimes Before It Gets Better, The Darkness Gets Bigger. The one you'd take a bullet for, is behind the Trigger' or something. I would hope that when I do get shot, its not gonna be Carl on the trigger, but, I just, I don't know. Lori, this world is confusing me."

"It's confusing everyone, Haley." she smiled and rubbed my arm. "And Carl would be the one to take that bullet."

"But, Lori! I don't want it to be him. I feel like, like I deserve all the pain."

"Nobody deserves pain. Especially you."

"You have no idea what I did. I was so horrible to people. If only I could say, say sorry." I said pulling the roots of my hair. "I backstabbed so many of them, made rumors and ruined people's lives. And I'm just a 7th grader!"

-

[this part is actually from the next episode but since the chapter was so short, i wanted to add this part, like it was part of this episode.]

"I get it."

"I don't" I said sheepishly looking up at Rick.

"You will once you listen to the story a thousand times." Rick chuckled. "What you said before was right, Lori."

"What did she say?" I asked.

"Shane is gonna make it back with what the doctor needs. He'll make it back."

"They should've been back already. It feels like I'm losing everyone. And I-I just don't even know who's temporary and who's gone for real." I said as my throat tightened, the way it does when you are about to cry.

"Everyone's gonna be okay, Haley." Rick said smiling at me.

"Hershel said you need to eat." Lori said.

"Carl's gonna be alright."

"Please," Lori said looking up for once. "For me. You have to keep your strength up."

"Agreed."

Rick sighed and picked the sandwich up. Lori looked back down and rubbed Carl's hand.

[sorry for the super duper short chapter.]
[again]