Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - EDITED (x2)

TS-19 : S1 E6

Part : 4

|Haley|

"Why?" I croaked out. I hated the raspiness in my voice, my voice expressing weakness. Because you're weak. "Why are you doing this, Jenner?"

"I'm doing all of you a favor." He said.

Everyone continued crying. "This isn't right. You can't just keep us here." Carol said through tears.

"One tiny moment-a millisecond. No pain."

'No pain.' I said to myself in my mind. 'No more suffering.'

Don't think that. You will fight.

"My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this." Carol continued.

"Wouldn't it be kinder, more compassionate just to hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down?"

I hear a gun cock. It was Shane.

"Shane, no!" I heard Rick yell out.

I closed my eyes tightly, as more tears come. Shane was going insane in his last moments. He was gonna be a murderer, if Rick doesn't stop him. Everyone was completely helpless, I was completely helpless, and it loathed me.

"Out of the way, Rick!  Stay out of my way! Open that door or I'm gonna blow your head off. Do you hear me?" Shane raised his voice. I squeezed my eyes shut. Once you saw things, you saw things.

"Brother, brother, this is not the way you do this. We will never get out of here." Rick assured.

"Shane, you listen to him." Lori backed his husband up, hugging Carl tighter.

"It's too late." Shane whispered.

"He dies, we all-" Rick didn't get to finish his sentence. I opened my eyes, my eyes aching. 

Shane pointed the gun at Jenner's face then, yelling, he shifted his aim to a computer monitor and shot again and again. I screamed, my hands going to cover my ears. 

"-we all die! Shane!" Rick yelled. "Shane!"

Rick struggled to take the gun away from Shane as he hit him across the head with the butt and elbowed into Shane's shoulder. Shane fell back and Rick ran to him, pointing the butt of the gun at his best friend. "Are you done now? Are you done?" Rick asks, panting.

"Yeah, I guess we all are."

Rick handed the gun to T-Dog, everyone looking at Rick. He looked around, calmly as he assessed all that's happened. "I think you're lying." 

Jenner turned his head at Rick, curious. "What?" 

"You're lying about no hope. If that were true, you'd have bolted with the rest or taken the easy way out. You didn't. You chose the hard path. Why?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter. It always matters. You stayed when others ran. Why?"