Chapter 18

Chapter 18- EDITED

Chupacabra : S2 E5

Part : 1

|3rd Person|
[this episode is all a flashback]

Cars were honking on the highway, many people walking around their cars.

People were chatting to those around them, as Shane flipped through the channels. Static.

Carl and Sophia were playing Tabla, as a helicopter flew over them. Everyone watched.

"Are we gonna go soon?" Sophia asked.

"I don't know, baby. I sure hope so." Carol said in her motherly voice.

"I'm hungry." Carl said as he looked at his mother.

"I know, Carl. We all are." Lori said holding her locket.

"Why don't I get him something to eat? Ed's into all this survival stuff, we've got enough M.R.E.s to feed a small army." Carol informed, with hesitation of course. Ed was there, and he could do anything. ANYthing.

"I'd sure appreciate it." Lori said, jumping off the hood of the car.

"No trouble." But as Carol opened the door, her biggest fear, Ed, closed it back.

"What in the hell did you tell her that for? We don't even know these damn people."

"That boy is hungry. we can spare one box."

"It's called operational security." Ed's cigar was releasing smoke from his hand, and Carol looked slightly away. "How long do you think this stuff is gonna last if you keep running your damn mouth off to everybody we meet?"

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." Carol said like he was about to cry and walked off.

Lori who heard the whole conversation, looked away sadly. She walked towards their car, in which Shane was flipping through the channels to. "You getting anything?"

"There's nothing." Shane sighed.

"Big surprise there."

"No, I mean there's nothing. Emergency broadcast system stopped, and that recording about the refugee center. It's all gone." He said as he got out the car. "I'm gonna go up the road, see what I can see."

"I'll come with you."

As Lori was walking past Carol and Ed's car, Carol stopped her. "Ed must've forgotten to pack those M.R.E.s. I found these in my purse--"

"It's all right. Listen, do you mind keeping an eye on Carl for a minute?"

"No." Carol said, almost in a whisper.

Carl looked up at his mother. "Shane and I are gonna go scout up ahead a little bit and see if we can find someone that knows what's going on." She said playing with her sons hair.

"I want to come with you."

"Huh-uh."

"Hey, we'll be back before you know it. Okay, Little Man, huh?" Shane said fist bumping Carl and going off, Lori following.

"Why would they stop broadcasting about the refugee center?" Lori asked catching up to Shane.

"I don't know."

"Think they're turning people away?"

"They're gonna have a riot in their hands if they try."

"Your dad's nice." Sophia told Carl.

"Shane's not my dad." Carl said sternly looking at Sophia. His face now looked sad. "My dad's dead." He said as he looked down.

There was a distant explosion as everyone looked towards the city. Carol pulled the kids close and now focused on the fight that two men were having, people trying to pull them away from each other.

"What do we do?" Lori asked.

"Come here." Shane said, pulling Lori close. "We're gonna do what Rick would have wanted us to do, get you and Carl out of here--"

He was cut short as war planes flew above them. Shane and Lori and everyone else looked up at it, scared. They watched it with their eyes as it headed towards the city.

"That's not lightning." Lori said as she watched the planes fly.

"You stay with me now. Come on."

The 2 started chasing the planes as they went through the woods, where many people were camped out. The planes were above the city.

"Oh my god." Lori whispered.

What they feared was happening. The city was being bombed. Atlanta was collapsing.

Extra

"They're dropping Napalm in the streets!" Shane said.

Lori watched as Atlanta was now almost gone. "Shane." She said in a tiny sob. Shane looked at Lori and pulled her to his chest. Lori started crying as Shane watched.

Atlanta was gone.