Moving On

This story starts off a few years after Sasuke has left the village...

Sakura's POV.

It has been three years since Sasuke has left. And those three years have been like a living hell for me. When Sasuke left, parts of me would just slowly and painfully break into pieces. Of course when ever I went to go train, hang out with friends, or spend time with my parents, I would pretend to act happy and care free. But on the inside was a whole other part of me. When ever I was alone in my room I could feel the power of sadness and darkness take over my body. The night he left is something I will never forget.

Flash back...

No matter how many times I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable in bed, I just couldn't fall asleep. Something was bothering me, but I just didn't know what it was. I hopped out of bed, pulled on my pink fleece sweater, and slipped on some sandals. Quietly, I opened my window and creeped out of the house hoping my parents won't hear me. I decided I'm going to take one of my midnight strolls around the village. I usually do this when my mind is racing and I can't fall asleep.

As I made my way around the village I noticed something dashing through the woods. I knew I shouldn't have done this, but my curious inner Sakura convinced me to go follow the mysterious figure. "Hey wait!" I yelled as I chased after it. Dang it, I lost it. Just then I noticed it making its way toward the gate leaving the village. I started to run towards it but then I stopped. No, it couldn't be him. "Sasuke? Where are you going?" I asked. Then he turned around to look at me with deadly cold eyes seeking revenge. "It's none of your business. Now go away." As he started making his way out, I reached out to grab his hand, "Sasuke wa-" but then he smacked my hand away like as if it was the most disgusting thing he has ever touched. I was shocked by his actions, but was even worse was the words that came out of his mouth, "Leave me alone Sakura. You bother me. You are so annoying and won't ever shut up!" Then he turned around making his way out of the village and left it at that.

Flash back ends...

I remember I cried myself to sleep that night. The word "annoying" repeating over and over and over again in my head. Why was I acting like this? Why was I letting some boy change the way I act? Things need to change. I am no longer a silly little twelve year old girl having a silly little crush on an Uchiha. I am different now, I am Sakura Haruno. A brave and confident sixteen year old girl revolving into a strong and independent woman. It is time I have gotten over him. It is time I have moved on.