Saving Her

Sasuke's P.O.V.

   I could tell that today was going to be a slow day from the moment I woke up. I just couldn't wait to see Sakura. Her soft pink hair and those beautiful emerald eyes were just to die for. There really isn't much to do right now since I don't have any missions or anything like that. Oh well, I guess I'll just train out in the fields and roam around the small village. I decided to train at the place that brings back many memories; the place that Kakashi sensei gave us the bell exercise and taught us that team work is the key to winning any battle, and that those who leave their teammates behind are worse than scum . So I started making my way there. I guess I should probably bring Naruto along so I won't get bored. I wonder if he has improved much in his fighting. Well I'll just have to wait and find out...

   I roamed through the village heading towards Naruto's place. When I finally approached the front porch, I banged on his door three times. I waited for a moment, and still no answer. And right when I was about to break open the door, Naruto finally opened up. He was still in his pajamas. Jeez he hasn't changed much has he? "Oh hey Sasuke what are you doing here so early?" Naruto yawned. I rolled my eyes, "Naruto, it is only 1:30. Now come on hurry up and get dressed, you're coming with me to train." That's when he woke up. "Wait hold on give me a minute!" And then he scurried off.

   After waiting for like twenty minutes he finally came out. "So much for a minute," I murmured under my breath. "Hey! I had to eat my ramen!" the blonde exclaimed as we started making our way to our destination. "It seriously takes you that long to eat your ramen?" I asked while looking at him. "Well you know you have to wait three minutes for the ramen to cook, and when-" "Okay I get it now." Well that shut him up... For now. As we finally approached the field, I made my way towards one of the tree stumps that had a target painted on them. "We will start by throwing kunais," I began. "and attempt to hit the red center of the target. The one with the most kunais hitting the center wins." A smirk started developing on his face. "Challenge accepted." And then we shook hands.

   We each pulled out our knives and prepared. "one," I began, "two, three!" We said together. And then in a blink of an eye, two kunais went flying through the wind and each landing perfectly on the center. I could hear a disgruntled huff coming from Naruto. I smirked. "This is gonna be much harder than I thought. It's no longer like the old days." I chuckled. "Hey what's that supposed to mean!" he whined. "Nothing. Now let's keep going until we run out of kunais to throw." And so we continued for about an hour. After we ran out, we looked at the final results. I couldn't help but grin a little bit. "Well I'm not surprised Naruto, it looks like I win." All he did was sigh as he said, "I want a rematch, but not today of course, I still want some practice before the big competition." He smirked. "I'll catch you later then?" "Ya sure" I replied. As he started walking away I realized something. "Naruto wait." He immediately turned around. "Yes?" He asked. "You forgot your Kunais." A look of confusion flashed through his face. "Oh, right." He shuffled over to the tree stump, pulled out the Kunais, and put them back in his strap. "Even after all these years, you are still a dumb ass." He scoffed at my words. "And you are still emo." I chuckled as he started heading home... Again.

   I continued training alone until I noticed that the sun was going down. I made an estimation of the time; It was around six so I better start heading home. I quickly packed up my things and hurried home, because I really need to cool off my mind and get ready before I meet up with her. I rushed through the trees and through the village anxiously. When I finally arrived I started heading towards my room, but I suddenly became distracted by a mirror. I stared at my reflection in deep thought. How could someone as beautiful as Sakura fall in love with a person like me? Even after I hurt her all those years, she forgives me. Well that's if she comes tonight. And then that reminded me. I immediately looked at the time, it's 9:00. Crap! I quickly ran my hands through my hair attempting to fix it and bolt out the door.