Seeing Red

The shock was overwhelming, I couldn't stop myself. I backed up many feet, I could hear Cooper yelling at me, telling his remaining wolves to take notice of my fear, that I was running away.

I sprinted forward, kicking up dust and leaves, and launched myself off of the cliff. I released a primal roar as I soared across the canyon, and relished the terrified yelp as I drove my claws into Cooper's back.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" He yelled out in pain as I sunk my claws in deeper, biting down onto the back of his neck. He rolled o to his back and threw me off of him. As soon as my paws hit the ground I was lunging back at him, blood splattering everywhere as I snarled and slashed. Now and then a wolf would attack me from behind. In my rage I easily kicked them back, stunning them or knocking them over the cliffs edge.

There were five wolves left, plus Cooper. He lay between the wolves and I, a broken and bloody heap. I roared at the rogues and mock charged, sending them scattering into the trees behind us.

Cooper stared up at me, attempting to crawl away. "Vi..vitani, come now... think of your parents.. your noble father.. your kind, sweet mother... what would she do???...."

"My bitch mother, as you've called her..." I sneered at him..."You're right. She wouldn't approve. To bad for you, she's dead."

I dug my claws into his legs, pinning him down, and closed my powerful jaws onto his exposed throat until there was no life left in him.