Chapter Seven- Turned Rogue

After about forty minutes my speed had paid off. I had left Beo and his trackers far behind, and I was quickly nearing the center of the Pack territory. I crested the last hill and sped down into the valley below where I could see Father, Mother, and most of the pack. I slowed as I was met with glares and growls from the wolves in front, did they think I was a threat to my own family? I tucked my ears and slowly walked forward, looking as submissive as possible.

“Father?” I said quietly.                                                              

“You will address me as Alpha, and nothing else.” I cringed at his tone. “Where are the trackers I sent after you Vitani? Did you attack them as well?”

I stared at the ground. “No Alpha, I left them behind. If I had allowed them to get near me they would have attacked. Beo was instructing them to do so, and I didn’t want to fight them.”

“Ridiculous, Beo would not have done so. I gave an order and he was following it.” I lowered my head, of course he wouldn’t believe me. The wolves had probably told him that I attacked Balin without being provoked, that I was anger for losing. “I am not a fool Vitani, I am well aware that you are not always treated fairly by this pack, however, Balin is..was my Beta. Yes Vitani, he died. The blood loss was to great for him to survive. Beo has taken over as Beta.”

Right on que Beo and his trackers crested the hill. He slowed as he walked passed me, baring his teeth and trying to look menacing. “Alpha, my deepest apologies. She was able to flank us and was on the run before we picked up her scent again. Vitani, you are very quick. It is a shame you just couldn’t put your talents to better use than murdering my father.” I held back a hiss, but was surprised to see many of the wolves that had been present for the fight glaring at him. I then realized he had ordered them to lie about what happened, and that only my Father’s order could break his. They wanted to tell the truth, to prove me innocent, but they couldn’t as long as Beo was Beta.

“Vitani, the pack has found you guilty of murdering a Beta.” No……”As of this day, you are ordered to leave this territory and relinquish all ties to it.”…No no no… please….” Vitani, you are banished from this pack. You are now a rogue.”

“Loki!” My Mother yelled, you can’t do this! You know Vitani would never do something like this without reason! I beg you to reconsider!”

“Sheena I am the Alpha and you will not challenge me!” Father demanded in his Alpha Voice, which Mother was helpless to fight. Father.. no.. Alpha Loki stared me down with cold eyes, “Leave now, and do not come back. If you return, you will be treated as a rogue and chased off, or killed.”

I stood rooted to the ground, angry, confused, and hurt. Someone was saying something to me, but I wasn’t listening. Suddenly I was on the ground, Beo snarling at me, wanting me to react so that he could try and kill me. He swiped his paw at my face once, and again drawing blood the second time. Sheena threw her small body at him, knocking him off of me. She growled at him and he backed down. He may be larger, but she is still the Pack’s Luna, and if Alpha wasn’t there, she was in charge. “She may have been banished but she is still my cub, and if you touch her I will kill you pup.” I lay there, trying to remember who it was I saw in her, who she reminded me of. My Mother. Just like my real Mother, Sheena would do anything to protect me, anything. “Vitani,” she said quietly,” you have to leave child. I love you so much, but you have to go. We will figure this out. Go, quickly.”

I turned and ran faster than ever. In eighteen years I had lost not one, but two families. I was alone, crushed, and no longer had a place to call home. I ran through the territory, blazing over the pack borders, and away from everything that occurred that day.

I belonged nowhere, I was a rogue.