Chapter Nine-You Know My Name

"How do you know my family?"

"They were part of my Pride a long time ago, way before I was born. Mama said you father was one of Alpha Kingston's sons. He banished your mom and dad because something bad happened, but I don't know what. No one tells me anything. Alpha Kingston was killed by rogue wolves not long after your parents left the Pride. Niall's brother, your uncle is Alpha now. Alpha Caius.

Could this be the same Caius that Beo mentioned while they were hunting me, was my uncle to kill the Wolf Father?

"What's the matter Vitani? You look upset."

"It's nothing Mila, come on, let's get you home."

I wasn't sure how to handle meeting a Pride, especially not MY Pride. Mother and Father were the only Felines that I had ever been in contact with, so this was nerve racking for me. It would be smarter for me to hang my head, act intimidated and weak, that way I wouldn't be perceived as a threat. But as we moved into the Pride territory I couldn't do that, I felt it was going against nature to allow the Felines of all shape and size to stare me down, so I walked with my head held high, my posture defiant and strong. Sweet little Mila did as I did, she went as far as to stick her tail in the air, she wasn't mine, but I felt a need to protect her. The Felines began to avoid my eyes, and things started making sense. I have Alpha blood in me, they are afraid, not just because I am a hybrid, but because of whose daughter I am.

As we rounded a corner a large panther shot towards us. Out of instinct I pulled Mila behind me and snarled at her, furious that she would threaten this cub. "Stay back!" I spat at the panther.

"Vitani that's my mama!" I stepped back quickly, embarrassed that I hadn't made the connection.

After a very long apology to Shilo (Mila's mother), I explained how I found Mila being chased by the rogue wolves. We spoke for a few moments before she suggested I speak to the Alpha about the territory breach, and suggested that I request to join the Pride.

"I will leave reporting to your Alpha to you, I'm not planning on staying right away. I should probably go before he arrives."

"And why would that be?" A cold, deep voice sent shivers up my spine. "Running from something, rogue? Then again, a true rogue would not have saved a cub that you have no connection with. Who are you?" The dark Lion moved closer to me. My fur stood on end as he approached, yet I stayed quiet. This could not be my uncle, how could he and my Father have been related? I saw malice in his gray eyes, and that was all.

"WHO ARE YOU?" He bellowed in his Alpha voice. All the Felines around shivered and backed away, clearly terrified. He thought I would do the same, but all it did was piss me off. I planted my feet and locked eyes defiantly, snarling at him.

"Do not try an Alpha command on me. You are not my superior, Uncle. My name is Vitani, daughter of Niall the Lion and Kitana the Cheetah, and I am not beneath you." He stared at me, confusion and shock evident in his cold eyes, it was clear no one believed that I had survived all of these years. I explained to the Pride how I was rescued by Loki and Sheena, Alpha and Luna of their Pack. Some looked shocked and disgusted that I had lived with wolves, others had pride and happiness in their eyes. The Pride was split in loyalty, some hated Caius, others seemed to worship him. No one had to tell me that he was a cruel and fierce leader for me to see it, and I hated him already, but being new here I would have to show some respect if I wanted into the Pride.... Did I? I just wasn't sure.

Alpha Caius had decided that he would allow me to stay within the Pride's territory for a small period of time before deciding whether or not to officially make me a Pride member. It was very clear that he didn't want to, the old Lion was probably afraid that I would try to take the Alpha position from him. The thought had crossed my mind; however I wasn't ready for that. In these three days I had barely interacted with the other Felines, how could I ever lead them? I spent most of my time with Shilo and Mila, they made me feel like I had a family again.

Where Mila was bold like me, Shilo was quiet and reserved, seeming somewhat scared. Her mate had gone against Caius' order, Jay was concerned that he was commanding rogue wolves to attack his enemies. She refused to tell me anymore about it, claiming that it could put us in danger. When Shilo lost Jay she did everything she had to in order to protect Mila, including pretending that she hadn't believed her own mate.