Introduction

Running. Keep running. Those two words are keeping me moving. My paws pounding on the forest floor, kicking up loose dirt and leaves behind me. I’m faster and stronger than these rogue wolves, but even I couldn’t take them all at once. Never before had I come across a rogue pack this large, there must be at least thirty of them.

These wolves had the advantage; a large pack meant it was easier to surround their prey. “No,” I thought as I left them in the dust, “I’m not their prey. They are mine”. A mangy black wolf came hurtling directly towards me, thinking he would frighten me into changing direction. I had left his pack far behind, and he was the only thing separating me from getting away.

I froze in my tracks, trying to make him think I was afraid. I smiled on the inside as he slowed, baring his fangs. With a blood thirsty howl he attacked. I sprung to my right, planting all four black paws onto a tree truck, and then used my full weight to tackle the wolf. I dug my claws in as he yelped, and closed my powerful jaws on his throat, crushing his wind pipe before he could mind link with the other wolves.

The black wolf lay dead before me as I panted heavily, exhausted from the day’s events. I trotted in the direction of the creek I had been hearing for a good while. After drinking my fill, I stared down at my reflection. My yellow eyes were big and bright. At seventeen, I was long and lean, my build a mixture of races. My tawny fur had black lines and spots, with my paws and the tip of my tail being black.

My mother was a Cheetah shifter, and my father a Lion. It is rare for two different Feline shifters to mate, but the results were amazing. My name is Vitani, and I am the only hybrid Feline shifter I know of.