o1.

the afternoon buzzing of seoul traffic filled the atmosphere, heating the sidewalks with their obnoxious engines, the smell of gas lingering for too long. it was this time of hour that menda liked to visit her favorite cafe, staying late nights enjoying her own company. the sweet smell of coffee only relaxed her, clearing her head of worries from that day and browsing her laptop constantly, intrigued by gossip and things on her feed. as everyone else, she was a social media addict, always the first to see new posts from her favorite idols or stuff on tumblr. her nimble fingers were always at work; at times she'd have to take a break from all the profuse typing due to sudden cramps. her little rectangular device was the most important thing to her, it held everything she'd ever written down or confessions she had to let out. no one would see her without it. as for today, she wasn't alone this time. she had her closest friend, mei, with her having a coffee date.

when entering the small cafe, the aroma of caffeine instantly hit their nostrils.

mei groaned. "god, am i so ready to drink a large cup of my usual."

menda nodded her head in agreement, also having an exhausting day. she quickly glanced around to see if her favorite table were unoccupied, and to her dismay, it was. "no big deal," she thought.

the cafe was kind of busy today, people chattering in different corners, a cup of coffee by their side and a laptop in front of them. menda imagined if that was how she looked like when being in the same position: wild-eyed and lazy posture.

"menda, are you going to get something?" mei spoke, waving her hand in front of menda.

"oh yeah, i'm sorry. a cup of black coffee please, medium."

"yuck, i never understood how you could stand such a strong taste," mei contorted a sour face, slightly cringing at the imagination of such bold value.

menda nonchalantly shrugs her shoulders. "i just like it."

they find their place in a tight area just behind the main counter, still visible to the front door. just as they get settled in, menda begins to take out her laptop, booting it up.

"so something happened last night.." mei begins, fiddling with her fingers.

menda flickers her eyes on mei's face, her expression bored. mei's hair was just barely touching her shoulders; black and sleek, stick straight. menda couldn't help but envy her a bit. mei had a nice heart shaped faced, her skin always shining and the light seemed to always hit her in all the right spots. she was cute and short, whereas menda may be the same, but she always felt like a downgraded version.

menda caught a quick glimpse of herself in the reflection of her laptop: she could be identical to mei if her hair were way shorter and if she had darker eyes. menda thanked god for the hazel eyes she brought up from her mom and the fantastic hair genes she got from her father. although she wishes to be taller and have bigger lips, she was satisfied with herself.

"i had a one nightstand last night." mei whispered, paranoid of people hearing her.

menda almost spit her coffee back into her mug. "what?," she gasped, still shocked.

menda knew inside that this wasn't much of a surprise, sadly to confess. mei loved being the center of attention and using the advantage of being stunning to the max. but yet, some things just really didn't come to mind of mei doing such a thing. not that it was so bad, but it's good to be cautious.

"you did what?" menda repeated, the confession flowing through her ear and out the other.

mei's defined cheeks were flushed, her fingers still tangled with the others.