o4.

2:30a.m

"hello?"

2:32a.m

"can anyone see this message?"

2:40a.m

"please reply."

3:50a.m

"i just want to know if this works"

delivered.

a muffled sigh was released from menda as she looked over the texts she sent to her laptop last night hoping she'd have a reply this morning.

unfortunately, it wasn't even read.

she set her phone down on her wooden diner table, resting her chin in her hand gazing at the outside through the window.

it's been almost a week already, and all the hope she'd gathered seemed to be cutting short fast.

she thought the texts were a brilliant idea and she held on to that as long as she could, eyes peeled in the night seeing if that person who was holding her laptop hostage was awake on the other side.

of course, that didn't do her any good the next day as she was yet again depending on coffee to get her through the day.

her fingers were itching to type in her journal about all the stressed she's absorbed lately but that was impossible. it was like her personal stress reliever - writing. writing down what she felt.

menda reached for her cup of orange juice and took a sip right before her phone started playing her ringtone.

she sworn she has never drank something so fast ever in her life as the fluid went right down her throat in just a few seconds. she quickly snatched her phone to see the screen, only to have the hope sucked out of her chest once again.

oh.

it was only mei.

as on cue, menda sighed and answered dully.

"thank you for calling menda's hotline, this is menda how may i help you?"

"do you think your funny?"

"my comedy is the companion of my misery. what do you want?"

"i think i may have another idea."

menda began to poke the leftovers she couldn't finish eating with her fork. who knew eggs could look so disgusting after having them sit there for not even an hour.

"an idea for what?"

"your laptop."

menda's ears perked up.

"well, spill."

"do you remember how you can track your devices with an app?"

menda stopped playing with her food and leaned both elbows on the table, as if mei was right there in front of her.

"go on."

"okay, so if your laptop is still on that means you'd be able to track it on the map, right? we can drive to the destination and steal your laptop back."

menda was taken aback at mei's clever idea. usually she was only helpful for picking out outfits for the day.

"but mei, what do you mean by steal it back?"

"you know, break in their house and take it. god men, you're such an amateur at these things."

menda rolled her eyes, biting the inside of her cheek, thinking about what could go down.

"mei what if the person who took it is a creepy old man or some chick that's psycho,"

"there's no room for your pessimistic thoughts to roll in menda, i think this is a kick ass plan. and if you're that frightened, just take some self-defense classes. it's whatever."

"how could you talk about this so smoothly?"

"danger excites me."

"ugh, okay text me about further details im going to start searching for it."

"buh-bye!"

menda stood another long moment as this just opened a whole other door for hope. but why couldn't she just go to the destination and ask for it instead of busting in?

she couldn't lie, the danger excited her as well. she imagined herself dressing herself in heavy gear having to battle her way through many courses until receiving the jackpot.

gosh, she really did watch way to much anime that contained action.

as she found the nearest taekwondo dojo, she headed out as quickly as possible, making it a promise to her that this will be the last straw that will be needed to get her personal device back.

***

menda gasped at her view in front of her. people here were really good - like really good. like one-punch-you're-done kind of good. she played with the ends of her hair beginning to feel sort of insecure, having no experience whatsoever. her father once wanted her to take martial arts, fascinated by the way people learn how to protect themselves and contort there bodies in an amazing form. but menda was never interested - she was more into literature and history.

if only her father saw her now.

but menda wasn't really taking this for interest, more of for a weapon. she still felt dumb not going to the police about what she discovered she could do now, but then again she thought that the police should've came up with this before her.

she realized as a newbie here someone was going to have to teach her the basics.

she looked around, spotting mostly guys and that made her palms sweaty. she may not be a teenager anymore but she was still so awkward around the opposite sex. she blowed in her palm and checked if her breath was bad, she patted down the fly aways and she even checked if her lips were chapped.

that's when she noticed a figure walking towards her, giving her a wicked smile that could blind someone. her heart rate increased and she caught herself breathing out of her mouth.

this boy was handsome, how could she possibly make herself look stupid in front of him?

oh great. the reddened cheeks came into play.

'just relax, men. it's whatever.'

the figure was now face to face, still holding on to that blinding smile.

he bowed, tossing his hand out after, and spoke.

"welcome, i believe it's menda?"

menda returned a smile and bowed, shortly after gripping his hand shaking it firmly.

"you are?"

"call me hoseok."

-

authors note;

gUYS ITS THANKSGIVING LOL

btw tysm for the votes and comments i srsly was so happy to see that

i had like writers block forever but i finally have everything prepared

im no longer winging it ok

i know you may be like "ok wtf where is this story going" but i promise u everything will be fine

were barely getting there

also bts' comeback is so close and idk what to do like what do i do with myself helP

ok PEACE I LOVE jimin