o2.

the next few days for menda were insane. she returned to the cafe and asked around some more, only leaving with no new information about her missing laptop. her neurotic emotions only got worse as she went to the police for help, but of course she couldn't provide much information. she felt like a fool telling the cops she left her laptop just sitting there while she left for at least twenty minutes. she'd get comments from friends and family of how 'sick' she looked or how 'sleep deprivation' was aging her precious face. but, they were right. she lay in her bed at night staring at the clock; counting the seconds as another minute went by.

"someone has possession over my laptop. they are reading my journals, my secrets, my thoughts, seeing my photos," menda paused before she felt the knot in her stomach come back. "my videos."

she cringed and whined at the thought. her small hands grasped the edges of her sheets and pulled them over her head, hoping she could just fall asleep and let her dreams consume her for just awhile..

-;-

"are you ever going to tell us where you got that laptop jimin?" a voice from the backseat asked to the brunette boy who was seated in the front of the vehicle.

the boy just stood silent, replying with a little white lie. "it's a friends, i had to borrow it for certain reasons jungkook. just for a tad bit."

jungkook, being the one who asked, gave a quick nod of his head and kept chatting to his other friend seated next to him.

the one named jimin however, who was asked, gawked at the trees in movement when passing by through the window. it was a quarter past midnight, and him and his group of friends were barely driving back home from an event they were invited to. it was rowdy in the car, the air becoming humid by the amount of hot breaths and sweaty bodies tightly put together. seven in one car was one hell of a ride.

"what are you thinking about, jimin?" his friend asked, catching him being distant from the enthusiasm.

"nothing really, im just so tired, i want to sleep." he yawned quietly, closing his eyes.

but jimin wasn't tired. he was constantly flooding his mind with the laptop he had lied about to his close friend, jungkook. it didn't belong to a friend of his. in fact, he found it in a cafe, the one he usually goes to to get some donuts in the morning before his day routine. it was just a few days ago that he has had hold of it, and never thought to go return it to the police. he felt sort of confused about the whole situation.

it was when he decided to walk to the cafe with his other close friend, yoongi to quickly go grab some donuts for the rest of the boys to eat some when he found it. he remembered how he complimented yoongi on his new blonde hair before he opened the door and entered the small space.

"i have to use the bathroom, get me glazed donuts please," yoongi had excused himself and made his way to the labeled doors.

as jimin received the orders, he walked towards the trash can to throw the heap of napkins the barista would always give him. he had to do this every time, it was ridiculous how much they put just for a couple of donuts. when he threw away the napkins, as if cause of reflex he looked to the table that he was near. it was empty and abandoned, as so it looked. the mugs were empty, haven been drunken. there were visible drips of coffee on the table, and just one random laptop fully on and alone. he didn't know why this alarmed him, it was just an odd picture.

he hovered over the table a bit, giving a pause to look at more details. there was a small receipt next to the powered device.

"black coffee? this person has to be some sort of lunatic." jimin scoffed, a flashback of him choking on the same coffee a while back when he had first tried it.

he stared and stared at the receipt, as if it were some ancient new relic he had just discovered. it gave him the impression that this person had sat down and drank a coffee, had their laptop at hand and left, leaving it behind as well as the little torn paper he was holding right now.

jimin's ears perked up hearing the sound of a closing door remembering what he was just doing - basically looking like a creep, as if he didn't know where he was. without actually even thinking, he closed the laptop and rapidly shoved it back into the book bag, along with the wasted paper. he put the small leather book bag in his backpack, the one he always carried around when on a small errand. right as he saw yoongi, he shot him a sheepish smile and returned to him.

"the donuts, hyung."

yoongi's gummy smile appeared, and jimin could tell how relieved he was to have some sweets. they have been surviving off of soup lately, because of their eldest hyung jin teaching them on how to eat healthier.

and they walked out, jimin having his mindset on the mysterious laptop he had just found, forwarding on to this present day, still haven't even tooken a step to doing something with it.

the few days of having the laptop were busy, he had dance practice almost everyday and every time it was over his friends wanted to go do something to ease off some stress.

being in the car now, jimin only hoped they were all pooped from the event that took place this evening so he could have some personal time to himself. he wanted to dig in his discovery.

not that he planned to keep it forever. of course he wanted to return it, but he didn't want any help from others. stubborn as he is, he wanted to do this deed on his own.

-;-

"sleep well, jimin. you look like you need it." jungkook had lightly patted his back before leaving to his shared room.

how good at acting jimin was. he rushed to his shared bedroom with yoongi, who was in the downstairs recording studio going over his music.

as he opened the door, he started stripping off his drenched clothes that made him sticky and changed in more comfortable clothes; sweatpants and a hoodie will do.

he set the heavy bag on his bed, taking out the belongings he had with him and set it back in place in the room. jimin was quite happy he shared a room with yoongi, compared to all the others who can sometimes get messy and sloppy. not that jimin wasn't sloppy himself, but at times like this, he couldn't be bothered with filth.

as he took out the laptop out of the leather bag carefully, he breathed in a pleasing scent. something like roses, filled with an engrossing mixture of vanilla.

his smile only grew when he realized the case of the laptop. it was a cute pastel pink, covered with stickers of different music artists, objects, and emoticons.

jimin opened it back up, quickly running his hands through his smooth, fine hair.

he was immediately greeted with a bunch of things: folders, apps, open browsers, playlists..

but what caught his eye first was a very beautiful girl in the tab. he glided his finger on the mousepad, clicking on what seemed the tumblr tab. a clean, organized blog appeared on the screen.

spookymenda.tumblr.com

jimin chuckled.

"what i find funny is that i dont find you spooky at all."

-

authors note;

im glad this chapter didn't come out as long as the other i literally have 0 chill

and im v srry if this tumblr is active but idk it just came to me and plus halloween im v excited :-)

so basically i just wanted to let you guys know that bts wont be famous here. they will be a close friend group who have dreams to become something big but as of now there just working on themselves. and ps im praising myself bc i added blonde yoongi hell ya thats my reason to breathe

and i added maybe a hint of yoonmin bc torin (friend i mentioned in 1st chapter) is getting me H00KED THIS IS NOT HEALTHY

ok im leaving pls vote and comment im feeling very good about this so far! :)