14.

it's always the ray of sunshine that wakes you up in the early dawn. but for menda, it was the hit of fresh morning air on her skin when the blankets were oddly yanked from her grasp.

taking a moment to get used to the bright light of the sun, the first thing menda sets her eyes on is the pink square object right next to her on the end table.

her laptop.

"if you jump with me, i'll give you back your laptop."

a cracked smile lazily forms on menda's chapped lips.

her brain still in a stir, she forgets why she was awoken and tries finding the sheets with her right arm pulled back searching blindly as she lay on her side.

a burst of air escapes menda's lungs as if forced when her hand hits something other than her mattress. she yelps and practically rolls off the bed, taking the sheets with her.

struggling to not be wrapped up like a worm in the blanket, menda hastily looks at what she possibly could've hit and yelps again, but louder.

"jimin!?"

a head full of messy hair shoots up to the name, no other than jimin himself. he rubs his face sloppily and groans as a response, the tone dripping with sleep.

menda was trying her best not to melt due to the sound, but as well as the exposed chest that was revealed after the sheets were yanked back.

"what are you doing in my bed naked?!"

another groggy groan from the back of his throat escapes his lips and he stretches his arms as if this was a usual morning day.

"first of all, darling, i'm not naked. im wearing sweats," jimin says, as he pulls down more of the covers to prove his statement. menda blushes at how dangerously low the hem of the sweats were as they revealed the sharp bones of his v line. "second of all, if you wish for me to be naked, i -"

"it's not worth finishing that sentence, jimin." menda spits with annoyance.

jimin ruffles his hand through his hair, not even directly staring at menda to know her eyes are drinking in his appearance. menda jumps up, throwing the sheets back at him, her sleepy eyes shooting daggers.

"why are you even here period?!"

by now jimin was fully awake and rolling out of her bed, preparing to fix it up. "i was just as tired as you, and when i saw you all comfortable and cute on your bed, i crashed as well."

"cute and comfortable?" menda repeats.

jimin rolls his eyes, straightening out the last of the crinkles in the blanket. "yes, menda. cute. i meant what i said."

"and what happened here?" a voice booms from the door and the duo jump up in unison.

it was mei, and trailing behind her, was hoseok.

"woah, did we disrupt something?" mei snickers, holding in a giggle.

the scene was sort of awkward since jimin was still in low sweats and a bare chest, and menda was in the same clothes as yesterday but somehow she was only in a flimsy camisole.

menda answered the question with another question. "since when did you guys start being together?" her arms crossed over herself, in an interrogating way.

mei broke the eye contact and was at a loss of words.

"this obviously calls for a double date," hoseok says matter-of-factly.

the two embarrassed girls snap their neck to hoseok's direction and glare at him, but it was a fail when jimin started laughing.

"what?" hoseok asks.