Eyes Are Meant to Notcie Things

Red woke up to something tickling his nose. It smelled like tea-tree mint...Lizzie. He inhaled deeply trying not to wake her up. Being so close to her it gave him the willies.

She began to stir and he immediately flinched away, only to stay in the same position when she clawed at his shirt pulling him closer. "Ray?" she muttered. His heart fluttered with joy, "Yes Lizzie?" He murmured back.

"Thank you." She whispered great fully.

He nodded, "You don't have to thank me Lizzie." His stomach grumbles causing her to giggle. She turns and faces him, he notices her eyes are still bloodshot from all the crying.

His old intelligence kicks in.

"When was the last time you cried?" He asks slightly worried. She looks down almost trying to recall the last time. "I...I don't know. 4; 5, 6 months." She replied sheepishly.

He shook his head, "You know that's not healthily Lizzie." He softly scolded. She glares at him for a split second, "I'm not a pubescent 13 year old Red."

He gives her that signature grin, "Are you hungry"- he checked the bedside clock, -" And I presume Dembe has already called Harold for you." He says. She nodded as a thank you.

"What's for breakfast?" She quizzed. Inspecting his blue-green eyes inspecting her big blue ones. He shrugged, "We could always go out you know." He offered. "That sound okay?"

"That sounds perfect....Except I need to change and take a shower." She says. He fake scoffed at her, "What! Do my clothes reek?"

"Well, it's definitely not Dembe's." She smirked, then before he could say anything she rolled out of bed. "Thank you again Red. I don't know what I would do without you." Lizzie smiled.

"Dembe will drive you to your motel to get clothes then we'll meet up some place." She nodded, but before she left the room she recognized the same envelope that her secret admirer used on his nightstand.

A/N: I know it's really short, I just felt like writing instead of doing my homework...Well thanks for reading this far!