Chapter 26

I must have fell asleep because I woke up to Ciel coughing, I opened my eyes quickly and looked at him worriedly. "I-I'm fine." he said regaining his break, or, trying to. I rubbed his back "I'll be right back, I'm going to get a thermometer." I said sitting up. He whimpered and I kissed his forehead "It's ok~ It'll only take a second." I said and he nodded and covered up again. I walked out of the room and went to the bathroom, I got the thermometer out of the cabinet above the sink then walked back down the hall. I walked by Finny on the way there "Finny! Tell the others not to bother Ciel, he's not feeling well." I said and he nodded then started running.

I walked back into Ciel's room, it was only when I saw him laying there covered by the blanket that I noticed he was slightly shaking. "Ciel, I got the thermometer." I said and he rolled over and looked at me, he opened his mouth and lifted his tongue up. I put it in his mouth and he closed it, I sat on the bed next to him and he laid there looking bored. After two minutes I took it out of my mouth and my eyes widened "Ah, 101.... Ciel you're going to be in bed sick for awhile." I said. He groaned at this then rolled back over, I sighed and stood back up. He turned his head and looked at me "Where are you going?" he asked. I turned my head "To get some medicine from the bathroom." I said and he groaned again, louder this time. I shook my head then walked back to the bathroom.

Ciel POV

I coughed again as he left the room and closed the door. I rolled over and pulled out the drawer then pulled out my journal and started writing. 'Today I found out that I have a fever and that I have to stay in bed for a few days. It'll be ok as long as Sebastian takes care of me. But he seems a ,l ittle angry at me for getting sick.... I mean it's not like I knew I was going to get sick and if there was anyway I could have avoided it I would have.' I stopped there. I quickly put it back in the drawer and laid back down, I didn't want Sebastian knew I wrote in a journal. He quickly returned after that and had a huge spoon, no I'm serious HUGE and he expected me to be able to swallow that much medicine? I stared at him "You expect me to swallow medicine I already hate from that?" I said and he just looked at me and nodded. It was only then I noticed he already had the medicine on the spoon, I opened my mouth to say something when he quickly put it in my mouth and it went down my throat. I gagged and started coughing again, I glared at him and he simply watched me. After I finally stopped coughing I glared at him again "You.... Why are you so mean?" I asked "Sorry." he simply said. I rolled away from him and he sighed.

He sat next to me and put his arm under me, he then lifted me up and I looked away. "Ciel, I am sorry. I only did that so you'd get better." he said. He still hadn't called me any of his nicknames, I hated that. "Then how come I'm not 'Love' anymore? That would be more comforting than my name and you know it.... When you went to get the thermometer you called me love and said everything sweetly. But when you got back that went away." I said crossing my arms. "Are yo-" I was cut off when I felt his lips on mine, at first I didn't kiss back because I was surprised but I quickly did. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled me closer, I wrapped mine around his neck. This wasn't normal for him, usually it was my waist and he tease but this..... This was a 'please forgive me' kiss. He felt like he was going to pull away but I slightly whimpered and pulled him closer. When we finally pulled away I looked at him with eyes full of sorrow and he slightly smiled, he caressed my cheek and I leaned into his hand. I smiled and he smiled bad "I'm sorry Sebastian, I just-" "I get it Ciel, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so distant." he said. "Were you afraid of getting sick?" I asked, he shook his head "No, demons can't get sick. I don't know why I just don't like the fact that you're sick." he said.

I nodded and leaned against his chest and he held me tighter, I blushed or... assumed I did because my face was already warm. "Love, you should get some rest~" he said swaying back and forth slightly. "Mmm~ Can you stay with me?" I asked closing my eyes, I heard him chuckle "Of course~ I was going to anyway~" he said. I smiled and he pecked my lips then laid down still holding me, I smiled more and snuggled into his chest and he slowly rubbed my back. I started purring and eventually fell asleep.

Sebastian POV

He soon fell asleep and I smiled and played with his hair, I'm happy that we didn't end up fighting again. He mumbled and cuddled closer, he then slipped his leg in between mine. I chuckled quietly, I figured this was one of those 'I want to be closer to you' moments from him. "Mmm~ Sebastian~" he mumbled and his breathing got a little worse, he was fully asleep now. His brows weren't furrowed so he wasn't having a nightmare which made me feel ten times better. He kept mumbling and inching closer then he moaned, slightly, but he still did. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing and he rolled over facing away from me. I chuckled and was able to pull him closer and he slightly shifted to get comfortable. I just hoped his fever wouldn't last long, his breathing was scaring me especially since he had asthma.

I stayed up just in care and that night he continuously tossed and turned until he finally got comfortable. He was breathing fast and looked like he was struggling, I stroked his hair and he seemed to calm slightly at the action. When he woke up his eyes slowly opened and looked at me as I smiled. "Sleep well Love?" I asked kissing his forehead, he smiled "Yes, did you?" he asked. "I stayed up just in case something happened to you~ But as long as it was for you~ It was perfect~" I said and his face seemed to get brighter. He smiled and leaned against my chest "Sebastian, your heart..... it doesn't beat...." he said looking up at me confused. I chuckled "It doesn't need to, I'm a demon so I can live without it." I said. "Hmm.... does that mean that mine stopped beating?" he asked curiosity showing in his voice. "No, you started out as a human so yours still beats." I responded. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my neck, I smiled and wrapped mine around his waist then kissed his nose.

He smiled "Lay down on your back." he said. This confused me but I did so and looked at him curiously "Why did you want me to do this?" I asked. He smiled and sat on my chest then laid down and closed his eyes. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist then rubbed back with my other hand. He purred and rubbed his head on my chest, I chuckled and he gently gripped my shirt. "So Ciel?" I said. "Hm?" he mumbled not looking up, I smiled. "I love you~" I said. He smiled and opened his eyes then looked at me "I love you too~ Sebastian~" he said. I smiled and he moved up and kissed me. Even though he was sick at least he wasn't overly sick, I would miss the happy Ciel.