ONE

:・゚*:・゚the flight *:・゚*:

"ashton, sweetie, are you packed?" ashton heard his mum yell from the living room.

"yes, mum! i'll be there in a sec!" he yelled back, zipping up his suitcase quickly and holding the handle.

"here." he said, whilst entering the room and smiled when seeing his whole family together.

it was rare for ashton to see all his family in the same room, all with grins, as ashton's dad unfortunately had to work a lot, meaning he hardly saw him.

but it was things like that, that brought them closer together in times like these.

"i'm so excited! i heard there's gonna be a bunch of cool things to do when we arrive at the hotel!" ashton's younger sister, lauren exclaimed and his dad chuckled whilst ruffling her hair.

"not just that, but they'll be things to do outside of the hotel too." he added and harry's smile became bigger.

"and we'll all do it as a family." ashton's mum added, and sure it was rather cliché, but it was true.

they all huddled for a small group hug, when hearing a honk outside.

"that's the taxi." ashton's dad spoke with a toothy grin and soon the family was bouncing around with giggles escaping their lips.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

they had gone through everything, including passport check and security ( which ashton hated ) and were finally waiting to board the plane.

ashton's two siblings bickering and ashton stepping into the banter making him recive a glare from his parents.

he soon made the two younger kids stop their arguing just in time for them to board the mini bus and ride to the plane's stairs.

"careful there." ashton's mum called out, reaching her arm out for harry. ashton held lauren's hand - even though she insisted not to - and slowly walked up the stairs, using all his strength to lift the small suitcase up.

"hello there, tickets please." a woman in uniform and her hair in a bun greeted with a genuine smile, and ashton's dad handed her the information.

she looked over at them and smiled when seeing everything was okay.

"alrighty then, enjoy your flight!" she cheered, sending a small wave and smile to harry and lauren as they walked off.

the family was sat exactly in the middle of the plane, which was perfect.

ashton hated the front because there would be awkward eye contact with the cabin crew and the back had the toilets and, yeah, let's not go there.

"i call window seat!" harry said, raising his hand. ashton's mum chuckled and his dad put the bags in the over head compartments.

"dad, there's three seats, and five of us." ashton pointed out and his dad nodded.

"i know. your mum will sit with lauren and harry, and you'll sit with me. and don't worry, there won't be anyone sitting beside us, just father and son." he assured and ashton smiled, shuffling his way to the window seat.

his dad was pretty careless, so ashton could sit near the window, which he was immensely glad about because everyone knows window seats are the best seats.

not only can you sleep comfortably on them, but the view is amazing, especially when you fly over the sea.

ashton settled himself down, before casually checking the seat behind him. thank god, no kids. that meant ashton was going to have a "kid-kicking-the-back-of-the-chair-free" journey.

he leaned back in his seat and let out a content sigh. he waited for the flight attendants to give the saftey speech and once the plane was in the air he put in his earphones and kicked back to some greenday.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

"hey, dad?" ashton spoke quietly, trying to wake his sleeping ( and snoring ) dad up.

the boy's dad jolted up and looked ashton straight in the eyes, pure shock visable on his face.

"w-what is it?" he said, and ashton gestured for him to keep his voice down.

"i need to go pee, and-" he stopped to gesture at his dad's legs that were in the way.

"of course, ashton. sorry about that." he spoke, and got up to let ashton get out. the boy thanked his dad and made his way to the back.

he stood patiently waiting for the person in the bathroom to exit, and bolted when he heard the lock click.

he jumped towards the door, when he was pushed back by a slight force.

"woah there, tiger."

ashton scratched his head and looked up, to meet a pair of blue eyes.

"sorry." ashton mumbled, looking down in embarrassment.

"no need to apologise, it's all yours." the voice said again, and before ashton could get a better look at hin, the boy was already walking down the plane isle.

ashton shrugged it off and entered the toilet, completely forgetting about the encounter.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

"hello there, this is your captain speaking, in less than a few minutes we will be landing and finally arriving at out destination. please fasten your seat belts and may all tray tables be stowed away for landing-"

the announcement continued talking, and ashton started packing up in advance, not wanting to leave anything behind at the last minute.

he made sure he didn't leave any litter, and once he was done, he leaned back in his chair and stared out the window, seeing land below.

he smiled, taking a quick picture in his mind, since with his phone it'd look horrible and he'd get in trouble with an angry flight hostess.

ashton relaxed, and before he knew it, the plane had landed with a smooth glide, causing a herd of claps to errupt.

the boy never understood why people clapped after landing. sure, the pilot didn't crash, but he is a pilot.

people got up from their seats, once the pilot said it was fine to arise and ashton and his family were in a taxi driving to their hotel in no time.

"are you guys exited?" ashton's dad asked from the passenger seat, causing the driver to smile.

"hell yeah!" ashton called out. "you know it!" lauren smiled and harry threw his hands in the air and cheered. "of course!" his mum grinned.

she smiled fondly at her husband before leaning in and kissing him delicately, muttering a "thank you" when parting.

ashton observed with a smile. sure, some kids would get grossed out that their parents kissed in front of them, but ashton didn't care.

if anything parents kissing should be celebrated. it showed how well their marriage is and how strong their love is still.

ashton could only dream of something as sweet as that happening to him.

but little did he know...

* :・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

so im finally publishing this bc i need a story to update while i try and think of the next chapter for phone talk so yep yep

this is gonna be a short fluffy fanfic so it's literally pure cuteness (( well hopefully ))

- ria (^-^ )