SIX

:・゚*:・゚the pool *:・゚*:

today was the second to last day and it was obvious to anyone that both familes were upset.

although, they tried their best to hide it, and be as happy as possible for the rest of the day.

they decided to stay in the hotel and not go out since there wasn't really anything to see and they hadn't really enjoyed the hotel as much as they should have.

they grabbed their swimming gear and grabbed a beach bag full of water related junk and made their way to the pool.

they hadn't met up with luke's family but they knew that they would probably be near the pool too.

and in fact, they were.

the irwin's walked down the path and when ashton made eye contact with luke he was already feeling all warm and fuzzy.

"liz, hey!" anne exclaimed, waving frantically to the blonde woman as ashton's dad saluted luke's.

"hey, ash, wanna cannonball with us in the pool?" harry asked, pointing at lauren as he did so.

"nah. i'm good. i think i'll sit with luke." he replied and lauren rolled her eyes.

"typical boyfriend move." she muttered, and ashton huffed.

"shut up, lauren." he spat, and walked over to luke who was looking at something on his phone.

"watcha doin'?" ashton asked, sitting himself on a deck chair opposite the other boy.

the blonde looked up and immediately smiled when he was faced with ashton.

"just going through my songs." he said and ashton nodded. he went to ask something else before he felt a gush of water splash him.

he turned his head slowly over to lauren and harry and let out a deep breath out of his nose, as luke laughed in the background.

"it's not funny." ashton said through gritted teeth.

"yeah it is!" the two siblings in the pool said in unison. ashton turned to look at luke who was hiding his laughs by biting his lip.

"it is sorta funny." luke admitted.

ashton gave a dramatic shocked face, before flashing a small smirk.

"oh yeah?" ashton asked, an intimidating tone in his voice.

before the blonde could reply, ashton stood him up and pushed him into the water, causing the small boy to giggle extremely loudly.

luke rapidly came up to the surface, spewing out water from his mouth and let out a scoff.

"you jerk."

ashton raised an eyebrow with a cocky look.

"what can i say?" he spoke, but didn't see lauren and harry climb out of the pool and sneak up behind him.

before ashton could question what luke was laughing about, he felt a force push him forward and he soon splashed in the water.

he rose to the surface, with the help of luke and eyed him when he realised he was cradled in luke's arms.

"hey. it was funny, but i didn't want you to get hurt." luke said truthfully, and ashton rolled his eyes.

"yeah, yeah. get off me." ashton said, playfully and jumped off luke, so he was fully in the water.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

for a while, ashton spent a lot of time playing with harry and lauren. giving them piggy back rides and doing tricks in the water. even cheering them on while they raced.