TWO

:・゚*:・゚the meeting *:・゚*:

"welcome to our temporary home." the boy's dad grinned.

ashton looked around in amazement and he could tell the rest of his family were shocked too.

the hotel was beautiful. it was all white and kept so sparkly and clean, it was almost as if no one stayed there.

just the entrance alone seemed like the gateway to heaven and ashton didn't even want to think about how amazing the pool and the rest of the place was going to be.

ashton's dad went to check in at the counter, ashton going along side him, as his mum and his older siblings went to set up in the room.

once the two had finished at the front desk they took the elevator, cracking a few jokes to erase the silence and they were soon on their floor.

"you ready?" ashton's dad asked, getting ready to slide the card over the handle and ashton took a deep breath.

"ready as i'll ever be."

and with that, ashton's dad swung the door open, letting ashton in first, but the boy was too dazed to even let out a small mutter of a thank you.

the room was huge. not only that but, if ashton had to describe it in one word it would be grand.

there were three beds. one king sized which was for his parents. one for him, and one for lauren and harry to share which would take a lot of bribing to get them to sleep in the same sheets.

duvets and soft pillows were neatly placed on the beds and towels in the shape of swans were set on them.

there was a small desk on the side, arm chairs too, and the bathroom was enormous, with glass everywhere and a shower and bath included.

but what stood out the most for ashton was the balcony. now, to most people they would think nothing of it, but to ashton it was everything.

ashton was always in his room and hardly got fresh air. sure, he would stare out the window, but with a balcony you could just relax and take in the view with the cool breeze hitting your face.

and that was all ashton needed.

"it's amazing." ashton muttered out, still stunned.

"i know right. way cooler than on the website." lauren commented and harry nodded in agreement. ashton and his dad set his bag to one side.

"so, what do we wanna do first?" he asked, clapping his hands together and ashton's younger siblings bolted up.

"i wanna go swimming!" harry exclaimed and lauren let out a "yeah". ashton nodded his head. a swim didn't seem too bad.

"alright. but i think i'll just stay under the shade. too much jetlag for me." ashton's dad laughed.

"i'll join you with that, sweetheart." his mum added, and the two adults smiled at each other.

after a few minutes of getting ready, the family headed out of the room and made their way to the pool. it wasn't far, just a small walk but, hey, even on holiday you need some exercise.

when they arrived their jaws dropped. it was bigger than they expected and much more peaceful too.

children were playing in the kids section of the pool and the parents were minding their own business, either in the jacuzzi or under the shade.

younger couples didn't seem to be a bother either, which made ashton sigh in relief.

he hated young couples, not just because they'd snog everywhere but because he always had this theory that they'd judge people amongst themselves and that made ashton really insecure.