EIGHT

:・゚*:・゚goodbyes *:・゚*:

ashton sadly packed his bag, his frown unable to unplaster itself from his face.

he wasnt the only one sad to leave, though. so was the rest of his family. his dad sadly checking he had all his documents, and his mum dressing lauren and harry, with no smile visable.

most people would be a little disappointed to leave, but they would mostly be relieved, even if they wouldn't admit it.

they'd be back in the comfort of their own home, with peace and tranquility and wifi everywhere you go.

but it was more than obvious that the family wasn't feeling that kind of sadness.

it was more of a "having-to-say-goodbye" sadness, and not to the hotel.

but to the hemmings'.

anne had developed such a friendship with liz, and so had ashton's dad with andrew. (harry and lauren were little, so they weren't as sad to leave.)

and of course.

ashton realised his feelings for luke.

but it was much too late when he did, because now there was no point on telling him. they were all leaving, and ashton would never see luke again.

even if ashton got luke's phone number or something, it just wouldn't be the same.

so ashton was going to make the most of this short time he had with luke as they went to the airport.

he wasn't going to confess or anything. he was just going to admire luke more than he normally does.

that way when he goes back home, he'll have the perfect image of the blonde to never forget.

"well. are we ready?" ashton's dad asked, voice prominent with sadness.

the family nodded slowly.

ashton watched as his dad unlocked the door, and waited for the family to go out first.

anne rose up from the bed, collecting her bags, and holding harry and lauren's hands as she walked out of the room.

ashton followed, and he couldn't help but look back. he scanned the whole room, and then his eyes landed on the balcony.

he never did get to relax on the balcony.

that's because he met luke.

ashton sighed and shook his head. he felt a pat on the back and was met with his father's brown eyes.

he sent ashton a weak smile and ashton sent one back, before fully heading out of the door.

the family were soon at the lobby, and they waited on the couches as ashton's dad checked them out.

the hemmings' family still hadn't arrived down to the lobby, so ashton tried to zone out for a little by playing some music.

after a while, something caught ashton's eye. he glanced up and saw his mum waving. his eyes followed the direction it was pointed to and he perked up when seeing luke's family walk towards them.

his smile formed without his consent as he spotted the tall blonde, but it soon dropped.

luke was obviously trying to avoid eye contact with ashton, looking down at the floor and around him. he didn't even look a little happy.

and not that ashton's egotistical, but luke always smiled when he saw ashton. always.

but luke didn't even send a small wave, or a weak grin. he just kept his head down and stayed close to his mum.