Safe Haven? (Chapter 2)

*Edited*
Casey's POV

I don't know how long the drive was. The sun started to go down and I grew tired leaning again the back of the seat. The whole time we spoke, but I could tell they still didn't trust me. Besides Carl, I wondered what he thought about a random girl showing up with scars and stories.

The large building came into view and we all stared out the window. Once we were parked I got out seeing other getting out too. As a group we walked to the doors with medal covering them. I stood next to Carl, observing the door. I could hear the disappointment in everyone's voice. I wonder what they'll do with me now that we can't get in

" I knew this was a waste of time lets go." Shane said everyone began to walk away. When I noticed Rick wasn't I stopped and waited for him. I saw what he saw, the camera moved to look at us.

"Wait, the camera, it moved." Rick stated and I nodded. But no one turned around to look.

"You just imagined it." Dale said. As they started to walk away, the doors started to open. Everyone grabbed there weapons and cautiously went inside. The area was huge, there were stairs leading up and down. But it was surprisingly empty. In the corner of my eye I saw a man approach us with a gun.

"Are any of you infected?" He asked pointing the gun at all of us.

"No, do you work here?"

"Yes, what are you people doing here? I can't help you."

"Are you looking for a cure?" Rick asked glancing over at me.

"There is no cure."

"We have something you might need to help you make a cure." Rick replied.

"And what would I need?" He asked.

"We have an immune, She was bit one month ago, her spit can kills walkers, and her blood can track them, too." Rick explained. The man put down his gun and walked over to us carefully observing each of us. A small smile appeared on his face.

"I'm Doctor Edwin Jenner, come inside before those doors close for good." Once we were all out of the way from the doors, they closed behind us.

"I'm Rick Grimes." They shook hands and Jenner looked over us again.

"Now, this immune who is it?" He asked, Rick nodded to me and I stepped up. The man was confused, probably because of how young I was. I rolled up my sleeve showing him the bite mark. He came closer staring in shock.

"I am, I was bit a month ago in the woods and nothing happened."

"Follow me, your maybe just what I need." He said as we followed him into an elevator. "You people look innocent, but you I got to keep my eye on you." He said pointing to Carl making him smile. None of us knew where this elevator was leading, but I hope we can trust this man.

"So what is this place?" Carol asked, in the car Rick told me who everyone was. So I mostly knew who they were.

"A lab where we find cures, and stuff. Vey, turn on lab electrical system." He said as the lights turned on. We walked into an area under ground, it was huge. There wasn't much to look at, but the room was still amazing. Whatever this Vey is, it's amazing. I assume it's some computer system that controls the building.

"Where is everyone?" Andrea asked.

"It's just me." He started to explain what happened to the others. Hearing his story just made me more aware of what happened to the world when I was gone in the woods. He was just like me, alone until Rick's group showed up.