Suicide (Chapter 22)

*Edited*

So I made this edit^^^ yesterday when I got a white rose from a school Valentines Day thing. So when I got home (I have way to much free time) I decided to put fake blood on it and make a background to make it look cool. Please comment what you think and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Casey's POV

The next morning Shane decided to make a search group to find Rick and the others.  I just sat back and watched everything happen.  They were about to leave when they saw a car heading towards us.  Not just any car, but the car Rick took.

As they got out of the car everyone ran up and hugged them.  I just stood in the back smiling.  When everyone was done talking I went up to Rick and nodded.

"Nice to see you didn't die."  I said.

"You seem to be holding up."  He replied.

"Who's that?"  T Dog asked looking in the back of the car.  There was a boy around maybe nineteen or twenty in the back of the car.

"Well that's Randal."  Glenn said.

They explained what happened back at the bar.  They killed two guys that were important to a threatening group.  So they were attacked until the other group left due to walkers.  But they left behind one of there men who fell off a roof and landed on a fence.  The fence went through his leg and they couldn't leave him there so they brought him here.  But he was blind folded and passed out so he doesn't know anything.  But he is somehow a threat to us so we have to do something about him.

"I say we drive him 18 miles out and leave him there."  Rick suggested.

"I don't think we should risk doing that, I don't want you to get hurt." Lori said touching his shoulder.

"I think it's a good idea, I'll go with him and we'll come back in one piece."  Shane replied.  We finally agreed on Rick's plan and so Shane and Rick headed out with Randal.

"Casey I need your help with Beth."  Hershel stated. I nodded and followed him inside where Beth was. I helped him with anything he needed me to do.  I learned a few new things and Beth was fine in the end.

But I could feel something was off with her.  She didn't talk or make any expressions as we asked her questions.  As the day went on I was spending most of it inside. Outside bad things could happen. Walkers could come up a hurt someone... I could fall asleep and get eaten... someone could try and kill me. Why am I now realizing that maybe my life is important?

Right now I'm helping Lori make lunch for Beth.  Rick and Shane aren't back yet.  As Lori finished I took the tray from her. She looked at me questioning what I was doing.

"I'll take it to, just to check up and make sure she's ok."  I sad and Lori nodded in agreement.

I took the tray to the room Beth was in.  She was tucked under the covers that were up to her neck. Her arms were by her sides and she stared straight up. I related to her in the moment. I wish I could curl up into a ball and never have to leave my bed. But I can't do that, not now.

"Here's some lunch, try to eat at least. You need your energy."  I said, she still laid there not moving.

About a half hour later I went back to Beth.  She didn't eat anything but something wasn't right.  I took the tray back to the kitchen and found what was wrong.  The knife was missing, so I ran back up to her.

"Beth, don't do this.  You don't want to do this, give me the knife."  I said.  She turned towards me and handed me the knife.  Her eyes welled with tears and I felt my heart hurt. "I just want you to know, you aren't alone." She just squeezed her eyes shut and and laid back into her bed.

I walked back downstairs and found Lori and Maggie. They sat in the kitchen talking about something. When I entered they both looked at me.

"So I went to go get the tray from Beth.  And when I got to the kitchen I noticed this handy knife was missing.  So I went back to her and she had the knife under the covers."  I said holding up the knife.

"Wait, she tried to..."  Maggie didn't finish she just ran to Beth's room.  Lori started to walk towards the room but I stopped her.

"I'd give them time."  I said.  The next hour we stayed at the table listening to yelling and screaming from Beth and Maggie.  I could barely make out the words but I heard some.

"What if dad finds out!"  Maggie yelled.

"This is my choice!" Beth yelled back. Andrea walked in and sat down with us. She had confusion on her face as she looked towards where they were yelling from.

"What's happening?"  She asked.

"Beth was going to commit suicide and they are yelling over it."  I replied and her face dropped. Suicide isn't any easy topic. I'm sure everyone at one point has thought about it... right?

Maggie's POV

We finally calmed down and I sat there in the bed in front of her.

"You know we can both do it.  Yeah, tonight, right here on this bed, at the same time, side by side."  She sighed touching her arm.

"I'm not going to do it, neither are you."  I replied frustrated in my little sister. I can't lose her. I can't lose anyone else.

"But what's worth living anymore.  It's better then to suffer, to be bit and turned!"

"What's worth living is your family.  Me, dad, Patria, Jimmy. What's even your relationship with Jimmy?"  I asked throwing my hands up.

"We dated for three months and now we're married."  She replied.  I scoffed at her words. Married? She's a teenager she's not married to him! Andrea walked in and looked at us.

"How about you go take a break, I'll watch her."  Andrea said I looked between her and Beth who stared at the ground. I nodded and left.

Beth's POV

Maggie left and Andrea sat at the foot of my bed.  I've never really talked to her and I barely know her. Maybe it's good to get a new perspective on life.

"I know what you're going through."  She said trying to take hold of my hand.

"You probably don't."  I replied moving my hand away.

"I've wanted to die a few times, and more often now the ever."  She chuckled softly.

"Well what are you going to say."

She got up and walked to the back door.

"The pain doesn't go away, you just make room for it."  (My favorite quote from season 2)

She walked out the door but before she glanced at the bathroom. I looked in there and saw a mirror.  After a few minutes of thinking I got up and wrapped a towel around my hand.  I locked the door behind me and looked into the mirror.  I heard footsteps coming towards the room but it was to late. I punched into the mirror and with a huge shatter glass went everywhere.
*
*
*
Wow this book has about three or four more chapters left!  But don't worry my peoples more exciting chapters will come.  And I'm sorry if you don't like me leaving out the stuff the happened at the bar or what happened with Rick, Shane, and Randal.  I'll try to explain it best in a short summary.  Goodbye my peoples!