The Lab Rat (Chapter 19)

*Edited*

This isn't a continuation of  where Lori is and all of that stuff. This chapter is before the disease started and how it started.  Sorry about all of the unknown people in this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Third person POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The man asked someone.

"Yes Doctor Jude, it's to save people, who cares about me."  The person replied.

"Well we do, you're the most important person to us, to me."  He replied.

"I know but I'll be fine, and if I'm not, you have the other way."  They looked down sadly.

"Ok lay down, you won't feel a thing.  Goodbye, you will always be remembered as our hero."  He took the needle with the green liquid and pushed it into their chest.

A few hours later

"It's time to let Zero out."  A woman said in tears.  They opened the cage door where Patient Zero was lying in. The two of them just stared inside the cage wishing they didn't have to do this.

"I'll get Zero out."  The man said lifting them up and carrying them to a car.  They got in and drove on and on until they reached their destination.  They laid Patient Zero on the ground with a secret cameras watching everything that happens.

As they said their final goodbyes, they drove away not looking back. They watched the monitor that showed what Zero saw.

"It's ok, Zero is saving us all."  The man said holding the woman's hand.  The monitor started to move.

"She's waking up."  The woman said.  But all they heard was horrible sounds.

"That's not right."  The man said.

"We have to go back." The woman said.

"No, we trust Zero to make the right choices."  They watched the monitor as Patient Zero walked around with the horrible noises.

Patient Zero found a city, filled with people and happiness.  What ever it was limped their way to a person.

"Oh no, oh no, no no!"  The man said stopping the car.  He turned around as Patient Zero took a bite of the first living soul, then the next, and the next.  Screams filled the air as people died, turned, and spread it on.

"This wasn't supposed to happen!" The woman yelled as they went faster.  They drove and watched a city be torn apart by something that they created.

Screams

All you could hear were screams.

Imagine watching everyone you love being ripped, torn, and eaten alive by someone else.

If only they made it there in time.  Over hundreds of people infected, and loose.

"We have to find Patient Zero and stop her."   The man yelled.  They finally found the poor place and drove through looking for Patient Zero.

"Right there!" The woman whispered.  They drove up to her and put something over her mouth and pinned down her arms.  Zero struggled trying to get up but was chained.

They finally made it to the lab and set Zero on the table.

"Hold her down!" The man yelled grabbing a green liquid.  He showed a needles into Zero's chest and they claimed down.

"What did we do?"  The woman said either hands I her hair. 

"Look we can fix this.  Zero's already healing."

"Yeah but that was the only antidote."

"But Zero has it running through their blood.  All we need is their blood and we can make more."  The man hooked things into Zero's calming brain.

"We have to erase her memories and give Zero new ones."  She said.

"But we don't have practice they're could be side effects.  Borderline, uncontrollable anger, visions, dreams, inhuman voice, inhuman eye color, inhuman everything."  (Lol if you can't guess who Zero now is you need to catch up)

"It's a risk to save the world. It's already happening. When I injected her all of those side effects will happen, in time. It's already spreading through the city maybe even the state."  She said.

"Ok, but we can't use it now.  We have to let her go and see how she survives.  The memories need to be useful.  She needs to know how to fight, hunt, fish, use medical care, lie, she needs to be the perfect soldier.  She needs to have a broken heart and someone to love. We have to send her towards a group."  He explained.  She typed in everything into the memory machine.  "We have to find the cure, it will take months, so if we send her away we can learn what she can do and make the cure, if she wakes up here, she will die. Her mind wouldn't handle all of this especially if we take her memories."

"Ok it will be at least a one month before she wakes up"

"One month?"  He asked.

"The perfect soldier takes time.  That gives us time to creat a back story, put more worlds smallest cameras on Zero, and we should stop calling her Zero and by her real name now!" She said.

"Casey Grace Jones,  Cure G.I. Joe.  Just as planned, lets just keep her real name." He said.

"Ok."  She replied typing in more.

As the month passed they gave her a back up story and gave her supplies.  It was the final day she had hours left. 

"I found a good group in Atlanta Georgia.  Boy her age, girl her age, and a lot of adults.  The leader is Shane Walsh, wife or girlfriend is Lori Grimes, and Lori's son Carl Grimes."  She read out loud.

"Perfect, now we have to get there in time." He said grabbing everything.

"Goodbye and good luck!" She said hugging Jude and kissing Casey's forehead.

"Goodbye, Sara."  Jude said picking up Casey and bringing her to the car.  He drove for two hours on clear road, not much trouble but there was some what they now call 'Walkers'.

He drove and stopped in the woods.  He laid her deep in the woods with minutes left.

"We will be reunited, when I see you again."  He ran off back to the car and drove back to wear they came from.  And finally

She was awake.

*
*
*
Well this was a good chapter!  Sorry I haven't updated I would've sooner but I have the flu and there was a huge snow storm where I live and that stuff.  So if Casey's not really who she is, then she doesn't have the family she says she does. And that leads to one question, who. Is. J? The song is See You Again!  I'll try to update soon!  Love you guys!