The Barn (Chapter 16)

*Edited*

Casey's POV

I watched Rick talk to Lori.  I knew what they were talking about by the way Rick left almost crying.  Lori was crying too, I don't know what I should do.  I could go talk to one of them, or I should give them some space.

I found Carl by the tents with everyone else, and I sat next to him.  "Hey." I said.

"Hi." He replied with a smile.

"What're doing?" I asked.

"Just looking at my knife." He said holding up his knife.  Lori was sitting across from us doing something.  Then Rick sat next to her and they talked.

I looked over to Glenn who was looking at Maggie.  She was shaking her head angrily.  I looked over to Maggie then back to Glenn. He looked over to Dale who was nodding his head.  Then he looked over to me and I nodded, and he nodded back.

That was a fun little nodding game. 

He gulped and got everyone's attention.

"Well I'm going to be straight out.  There are walkers in the barn."  He said looking to Maggie who was now furiously walking inside.

We all took a moment to process what he said. Everyone got up and ran to the barn.  Shane was the most angry as he looked inside the barn.  A walker appeared and he backed up.  Then he ran inside the house with me and Rick following behind him.

"Hershel! Hershel!" Shane yelled.

"Shane calm down.  It's no big deal!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"There are walkers in the barn, we could be in danger."  Shane said as Hershel showed up.

"What's the problem?"  Hershel asked.

"When we're you going to tell us about the barn?" Shane asked.

"Mind your own business, the doors are secured." 

"But what if they aren't?" Shane fought back making me roll my eyes.

"I think if we haven't noticed them it's pretty secured."  Rick said.  Shane didn't say anything as he stormed outside. Rick and I shared a look before anyone said anything.

"I'm going to go so you to should talk."  I said, I gave Rick a look that said 'tell him about Lori' I hope he gets the message.

I went outside to see everyone by the barn but Lori. They all peaked through the cracks to see the walkers inside. Shane was angrily rubbing the back of his head. I didn't want to deal with that so I walked over to Lori and sat down.

"How bad is it, with Shane?" She asked.

"Please, it's Shane.  You probably know how it went." She chuckled.

"Yeah, where's Rick?"

"He's still talking with Hershel, and he might be talking about you know what." I said motioning to her stomach.

"Oh, well he probably needs to know since he'll be the one delivering the baby." I nodded and pictured us having a life here at the farm. For some reason I can't see it.

"You never know."  Once Rick came out from talking to Hershel he came over to us.

"I talked about him letting us have shooting practice; we all could use it."  He said.

"I don't."  I said with a smile.

"Let me guess you're a master with a gun?"

"Guilty!"  I noticed Hershel come outside motioning me to come over.  And I followed him inside.  "What do you need?"

"I'm an old man, and I might die soon.  Or I might not be around, but I'm going to teach you how to deliver a baby.  Lori's baby."  He said and I looked at him oddly.

"Well, I don't know." I replied.

"I know, but your the only one in your group who can do it.  But I can be risky with you BPD, you could emotionally break down.  But we might have to risk that."  He went over some things and I heard gun shots outside.

"What is that?" I asked.

"It's just them practicing, nothing to worry about."

It took all day to go over basics.  But by the end of the day I was getting good.  He taught me a little bit about C sections. I just hope I'll never have to use this.

Everyone was all worked up by the barn.  So they put someone on watch.  It wasn't really a big deal, we haven't noticed it the whole time.

I decided to go check out how the shooting was going. I finally found them far out into the field.

"Hey, let's see what you can do." Shane said to me. He gave me a gun and I went up to a target which was a bottle. I memorized the target as everyone watched. I turned around and looked straight at Shane. I couldn't really look at him the same knowing he killed Otis and lied.

"I knew you would give up." Shane said as I smirked and lifted the gun.

Still making straight eye contact I shot and heard glass break, then I pointed the gun at the next target and shot. I heard glass break, and then I shot the next one and again heard glass break.

Everyone was shocked as I stood there, and gave the gun back.

"Thank you for your time." I said bowing. "Speechless, I know. I told you I can shoot."

"Is that even possible?" Daryl asked.

"Please, it's Casey. Any things possible." Carl said, I gave him a smile and I nod.

"Please keep going." I said walking out of the way. They kept shooting and I saw Carl struggling a little. So I walked up behind him and put my arms around him and helped him with his aim.

"I never want you to leave." Carl whispered.

"I'll be here, I'll always be here with you. Forever and always." I said as someone cleared there throat behind us. I let go and turned around to see Rick giving an evil glare. I put up my hands and fake surrendered.

I like it here.

Awwww Carlsey moment!!! Over 400 views!!! Please please vote and comment for the next chapter. Song is Forever and Always by Taylor Swift. Love you guys!