Sutakire (Slicing Stars)

Author's Note:

Kira: Yay! New Chapter!

Zero: What's the point of this? Can't we just tell them what happens in the end?

Hakumei: No, Kiryu-Kun!! That would take away the whole point of this story!

Kyoudai: Hakumei, your just sad because you would barely be in the story. I say we end it right here, right now. Okay everyone, in the end I- 

Kira: Kyoudai, shh!!! That would take away the point of me:( Anyways we should start, the babbling is probably getting the reader annoyed.

Hakumei: Yay! Let's begin!

Hakumei's POV:

I stared at my cellphone, Zero still hadn't called back. He specifically had told me that he would call once he had found Kyoudai. Could she really be.....dead?

I quickly shook that thought from my head. No, no way! Kyoudai...If she died....I don't know what I would do...

"Yeah, just don't get too excited. You're gonna give me a headache."

"Um, obviously because you would scream your head off if I said 'Hey, I'm your roomate, Kyoudai. Oh, and by the way, I'm a vampire." 

"When I said 'Get a blanket' , I meant 'Get a blanket'!" 

"It's okay, I'm here to help. I won't hurt you."

"How can you act like nothing's happened?"

If it were possible, I would give my own life to Kyoudai. Even though, I know Kyoudai wouldn't want me to. She's that kind...

I layed down on my bed, pulling up the covers over my head. I rolled over and drifted into the darkness of dreams...

My eyes snapped open and I was facing a figure against a stone wall. Iron wristbands chained it's arms, a iron collar arounds its neck was also chained loosely.

Then, I recognized the figure.

"Kyou-Chan?" I whispered, reaching towards her. Her head snapped up baring a feral expression, fangs bared, eyes bright red. She jumped towards me but, her collar yanked her back, like a dog chained to a tree. Kyoudai spit up blood from the force yanking her back.

She growled at me, like a wild animal. This was nothing like when she almost fell to Level E. It was different, more.....animalistic.

I watched as someone walked in front of me, placing a steel mask over Kyoudai's mouth. He couldn't see me?

The man turned and spoke to a man behind the bars of Kyoudai's prison. "How long does she have left? Before we have to kill her, I mean?"

My eyes widened, kill?

The other man frowned. "Only two more days. Usually when we have a Full-Fledged, they don't make it and we're forced to kill them. I imagine it's no different with Itazuki-San."

Bastards, they were intentionally trying to kill her!

I stared at Kyoudai who was strugling under her new mask. She glared at the men, hissing under her breath.

"I feel sorry for the Hanto Clan, to have such a disgrace as the next leader." The man sighed, shutting the gate behind him as he and the other left.

"Hakumei..." Kyoudai panted. I turned to see her glare fixed on me. So she could see me?

"Do...Do you pity me? Like they do?" She spat through her mask. My eyes widened, of course I-

Do I? Do I pity Kyoudai?

"I.....I pity you, Kyoudai. I really do..." I sobbed. "But...But it's because of that pity....THAT I WOULD RISK MY LIFE FOR YOU!" I shouted, tears cascading down my face.

Kyoudai continued to glare at me. "I see...I do not need your pity....I'm going to be killed anyways..."

I shot out of the bed quickly, a thin sweat covering my face. Kyoudai's last words echoed through my mind.

"I do not need your pity..."

By saying that I knew what Kyoudai meant.

"Stay away from me.....I don't want you to get hurt." 

Kyoudai's POV:

I stared at the T.V. screen as Karenko inserted the next DVD of Bleach. I was still at Shouto's house because I had to get a blood transfusion. Shouto-San said it would've been faster if I just drank blood but, I stubbornly refused and instead now I have an IV connected to me.

As I watched the show with a overly-excited Karenko, I noticed the characters talking about their weapons....like it was a friend not a tool. I looked down at my guitar, which was leaning against the wall beside my bed.

A friend not a tool....

I sat up quickly. "That's it! Karenko, hand me my guitar." Karenko raised an eyebrow as she gave the instrument. I took a deep breath and placed my palm once more on the crest. I felt my blood flow into the guitar which then glowed. It finished glowing and I lifted up my hand.

Sutakire is my name... Was scratched into the palm of my hand. 

How was it???

VOTE

COMMENT

PLEASE

~Kira <3