Chapter 2.

"Okay, not to be rude, but what the hell was that?" I question Gabby as I sit there still shocked.

"Who knows. He's an asshole. Just ignore him." She tells me, an unreadable look upon her face.

"Does he do that often?" I ask, not too thrilled about the idea of some random jerk just barging into our home whenever he wants.

"Yeah, he has no respect for anyone." She grumbles, clearly just as annoyed as I was.

"Who is he? I mean I'm assuming he's in the band."

"He's their bassist. Luke's best friend, for god knows what reason." She rolls her eyes.

"I take it you're not a big fan of him?" I chuckle at her reaction.

"No. Calum is a very...difficult person to be around. He's antisocial and mean, but he's practically like Luke's brother, so I just deal with him." She shrugs.

"Hmm.." I wonder out loud.

"Don't worry, he hardly ever comes around here unless he's trying to find Luke for band practice or something." She reassures me.

"The other guys seem great though." I tell her, trying my best to lighten up the mood.

"Oh yeah, Ash and Mikey are great." She smiles brightly.

We talk a little bit longer before deciding to go shopping at the outside mall near the beach.

Australia really was incredible. The people, the ocean, just the atmosphere in general was absolutely mind blowing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think any of this was possible. Me living in my favorite place, away from all the bad memories and broken promises of New York. Sydney was the escape I so desperately needed. This was my new home, and I was loving every single minute of it.

"So, Luke just texted me and asked if we wanted to go to a party tonight, you wanna come?" She asks putting her phone back in her purse.

"I don't know...I don't wanna intrude or anything." I mumble, not sure if this was a good idea or not.

"Nonsense. It'll be great, I'll introduce you to some people, show you everyone isn't a dick like Calum." She giggles.

"Alright, but I don't really have any party clothes." I blush.

I was never really the party type in highschool. Most of the time I kept to myself, I was sort of a loner you could say.

"That's fixable." She grins pulling me into the nearest store.

I end up buying a casual black dress that came just above my knees. Simple, but not boring. After that we picked up lunch at a tiny cafe before heading back home to get ready.

I let Gabby do my hair and makeup. My long blonde hair falling on my shoulders in loose curls. I've always been self conscious about how I looked, that's why I never really dated or anything. I wasn't fat, but I wasn't the skinniest girl either. I was just average and I hated it. I hated myself and my body, so I just assumed guys would too.

"You look great!" Gabby compliments like she could see I was having second thoughts about going.

"Thanks!" I fake a smile, not really believing her "So do you!"

She on the other hand looked phenomenal. Her hair was in a high ponytail while her skinny body hugged a strapless floral print dress.

Luke picks us up right on time, just as we finished up.

"Babe, you look...amazing." He takes her hand and twirls her around.

They were the kind of couple everyone was jealous off. Gabby had told me earlier that they've been dating for five years now. It was one of those relationships where you could see that they were truly meant to be together.

"You look good too, Kam." He shoots me a friendly smile.

"Thanks Luke." I giggle at them as we head out the door.

-

The party was already pretty packed when we got there. People filling every inch of the huge beach house. How did anyone afford this?

I've only been to one house party before but this was way different.

"There's the guys!" Luke yells over the loud music. Pointing to where Michael and Ashton were.

We make our way over to the kitchen where they were currently getting drinks. "Hiiiii." Mikey slurs when he sees us. Clearly this wasn't the first for either of them.

"My friends have arrived." Ash cheers as he takes a sip of his beer. "Ooooh, and you brought Kate with you too." He grins as he pulls me into a hug.

"Kam. Her name is Kam." Gabby corrects him and I can't help but laugh at his drunken state.

"I'm sowwy, Kam." He smiles.

"Its okay."

They group introduces me to a few of their friends, all of the people seeming nice so far. We dance and hang out, everyone getting along.

Gabby and Luke leave me alone for a minute while they go off to get another drink. I thought this all would be super uncomfortable and weird but oddly enough I was having a decent time, which honestly shocked me.

"Hey sexy." A voice says behind me. I ignore it, thinking they were probably just talking to someone else.

"Bitch, I'm talking to you." I feel a hand on my shoulder jolting me back. The clear liquid in my cup spilling all over me.

"Excuse me?" I turn around to face the drunken idiot.

"What did you not understand? Bitch." He sneers.

"Get off me." I yell.

"And if I don't?" He laughs, his voice laced with bad intentions.

I feel the knot in my stomach grow as the situation becomes more and more intense.

"I said, get off of me." I repeat myself forcefully.

"And I said-"

"She said, get off of her." A familiar voice growls cutting him off.

My body was too paralyzed with fear to move. The dark figure comes in to view, making my jaw drop.

Calum.

"Dude, lay off, you of all people should know what it's like." The guy tries to reason with him but Calum looks unamused.

"No. I don't know what its like. When a chick says, get off of her, you fucking get off of her. Now I'm giving you about 5 seconds to leave and find some other slut willing to give it up to you or I promise you, you'll fucking regret ever laying eyes on her." He hisses, the guy immediately leaving.

"Are you okay?" His voice softens but it was still distant.

"Yes."

"What the hell do you think you're doing going to a party alone?" He glares at me.

What the hell was his problem? I never asked for his help. Normally I wasn't this aggressive but god something about this kid just brought out the worst in me.

"Okay, first off, I'm not here alone. I'm with Luke and Gabby, and two its none of your fucking business. You don't even know me why do you care?" I snap, irritated that he was being such a dick.

"Well you shouldn't be by yourself, ok?" His chocolate brown eyes intensely staring into mine.

"Okay, whatever." I roll my eyes.

"Need a ride home?" He offers after a minute of awkward silence between us.

"Sure." I reluctantly give in, but only because I was covered in my vodka sprite mixture and smelled like a walking alcoholic.

We find our way through the crowd and out the door.

Little did I know this would only be the beginning of Calum Hood.